1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media DOES Matter

Discussion in 'PS2' started by TBX, Jan 27, 2003.

1. TBX

TBX Member

Just a note for some of you new guys that might have problems reading. I have been using verbatim for backups, rather expensive compared to other brands. Had a game (CD) that just would not BU. Tried several brands and wound up with Fuji @ 4X. Must have made 5 (diff brand)copies B4 it would read it. Funny thing other games copy just fine to previously failed brand media. Keep plugging away and youll get it too! 2Cts...

Last edited: Jan 28, 2003
  2. meatbal69

meatbal69 Member

so are you saying that now you are fuji film and r they + or - I have been trying fuji -
    and have not got a good back up yet.
    I have a magic 3.1 ps2 is ver 5 burner is a sony dru-500a have done my backup to the letter for alcohol 120.
    I have check my all the wires and had someone look and it looks great,but still get red screen
    I even tried a tdk dvd-r

3. TBX

TBX Member

Only meant to say "keep at it" I was about feed up and it finally copied. Others I imagine are in the same boat. It was CD CD
    not dvd.

Are you using the "clip" and L Board? I had same problem and just tossed them both. Worked fine after repairing a open on the M3.1 board, rst point smd. Using nero on the fly HP200i, dvd+ at 2.4 and CD's at 4X, seems the most reliable for PS reading.