1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media for 360 backups...

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by stylez777, Feb 19, 2007.

1. stylez777

stylez777 Member

Ok I got a Toshiba/Samsung drive in my 360. Now i know the Verbatim are the best to use and I have ordered some and they are on there way.

I need to backup 2 games today so i need to go to the store and get a few DL quickly. Only prob is they don't sell verbatim in the stores by me. My only Option are : Memorex, Sony, TDK, Windata, Fuji, Office Depot Brand, and Staples Brand. So which out of those would be my best bet to try with the drive I got with my 360?

2. ferrytran

ferrytran Guest

have you seen matrix brand? those work pretty good too. wat store did u go to? i bought some verbatim at wal mart.

3. elmunkee

elmunkee Regular member

Ive used the Memorex brand before and they gave me 3 successful and 2 unsuccesful out of a 5 pack. Would stay clear of them and try one of the others :)

4. stylez777

stylez777 Member

Sadly there is no walmart near me. I only have Best buy, Circuit City, Staples, Office Depot, and Comp USA. I went to best buy and picked up a pack of Memorex since they were on sale, and first attepmt to burn didn;t even finish the burn, it failed 3/4 of the way through. So this is not giving me much confidence in this brand. I might just take them back and get my money back. Wish they had Verbatims but all the stores near me are sold out :( Guess I can just wait till the ones i ordered come in...

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

buying online is more of a guarantee of what you're getting and tends to be cheaper.

6. fern148

fern148 Regular member

All I use is Memorex and they work like a charm. Maybe it's the burner you have or the speed your burning at.

7. stylez777

stylez777 Member

I have the Pioneer 111D, buring at 2.4x speed.

My friend has the same writer as I do, and he uses Windata and burns at 4x speed and never had a problem. So i am curious as to why the burn proccess woulda failed on my writer 3/4 the way through...

8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

and when your discs stop working in a few months because you used those CMC Mags, you'll be back crying. ^.^

i cannot stress enough to stay away from memorex. that brand is sub-par. verbatim, tayo yuden, sony stamped "made in japan,"--those are the discs to burn on.

9. Memnock

Memnock Active member

I use Windata too on my Samsung. I burn at 4x with a Lite-on burner and they play great. What's best is they are just $1 a disc at Microcenter. You can't be that!

Why not try burning one with DVD Decrypter stylez777? If that doesn't work it sounds like something is wrong with your burner or PC setup.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  10. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

I use memorex and all my copies work fine

11. stylez777

stylez777 Member

Thanks for all the replies. To update : I have burned 5 other games using Memorex media and all have worked fine. Just that first one failed during the burn proccess so i am thinking it may be a bad iso or something.

Also I got the Memorex Media on sale 25 disk for $25 bucks. Not bad even for med Quality media. Got my Verbatims coming in 3 days paid about $1.80 per disk for those.