1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media for my tdk burner

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Biggie88, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Biggie88

Biggie88 Member

i just got the tdk 440 indi burner and i like it so far. i went out and bought a 10pk of memorex dvd-r. And they worked perfectly and then i was recommended the 100 spindle of dvd pro for 120 bucks so i just got them and now i am getting an error when i put them in saying

E 14:54:14 Failed to Reserve Track! - Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format

SO i am going to sell these to a buddy, how would i know that if i bought a pak of ritek that it would work in my burner and i wouldnt get stuck with 100 of these cds i cant use. Please help

2. DarkFoss

DarkFoss Guest

Well you could buy a starter pack for 16 bucks to test with. Includes:
    2 Princo 4X DVD-R

2 Ritek 4X DVD-R

2 Optodisc 4X DVD-R

2 DupEZ 4X DVD-R

2 Caldisc 4X DVD-R

Downside is you get 2 of all these other noname brands.(to me anyways).Still seems like it's better to spend a little first than a whole lot of money at once on something you can't use. I'm in the same boat not alot of sites list compatability for my Memorex Duel X-1. I just ordered mine from here.
    http://www.rima.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=R&Product_Code=4X-RS

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2003
  3. Biggie88

Biggie88 Member

thanks alot
    i will get those

4. Discmania

Discmania Active member

The TDK is a very good burner and so you shouldn't have too many problems like that. The Ritek are the best of the cheap media and I certainly wouldn't recommend the Princo.