1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

media help

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by tmedbery, Dec 6, 2007.

1. tmedbery

tmedbery Member

if someone could help it would be greatly appreciated. the problem im having is i will get my backup onto my hard drive, then burn the backup. when i put the disk into my dvd player it reads the disk for a minute then this message comes up=> "THIS DISK MAY NOT BE WRITTEN FOR IT IS NOT IN THE SUPPORTED MEDIA TYPE" im using kodak dvd-r its the only thing i could think of. when that error comes up im able to hit ok and it plays the movie but its just annoying to have this error come up every time. i bought 300 of these discs and hope that i just have a setting wrong somewhere. help please!!

2. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

What is the make and the model number of your DVD burner? if the firmware is not up to date it may cause problems, a lesser cause may be your burn speed, are you burning at 1/2 the maximum speed? E.G. burn at 8X for a 16X disk?

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I know you don't want to hear this but maybe you should try burning with better media. Taiyo Yuden is the best and then Verbatim. try them you'll have better results.

4. tmedbery

tmedbery Member

thanks ill try to update my firmware but computer is fairly new and dont think that this is the prob. i think my prob is the disks so im gunna try other ones. thanks again for the help