1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media...Memorex or TDK !!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by funnyman9, Aug 25, 2004.

1. funnyman9

funnyman9 Guest

i have also been experiencing slow game play from my backups like others have been saying....i have been using memorex dvd+r media...could this be the reason for my problem or do the memorex's work fine....also i have TDK dvd+r's are they a good media to burn on too???

2. wargamer

wargamer Guest

Hi,

Yeah thats exactly what I was wondering too, I have used a TDK DVD+R, and the game backup I made works fine but the game play is a bit sluggish and skippy. I'm thinking that this maybe because of the quality, type or probabally brand of media u use?.

If you look around in the forum as i have seen every one seems to mention certain ones like Memorex or Verbatim is good for PS2 games. But who knows I recon anything like TDK should work.

3. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

Last edited: Aug 25, 2004
  4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Yep, get the ones nelswick linked to. Some people have success with memorex, while others do not. TDK is supposed to pretty good.

5. Kerdal

Kerdal Member

Hey guys, I was wondering if HP discs were good too, because I'm Canadian so I can't order from NewEgg and all the discs around here are really expensive (Memorex are about 2 CAN$ each and Verbatim are over 5$ each) and someone is offering me a great deal on HP DVD+R (around 0.70 CAN$ each).

6. Xman2004

Xman2004 Regular member

HP are ok...,u say ur Canadian...go to futureshop or best buy & get great deals on Maxell discs. They're amazing. Memorex suck!! just 2 let u noe
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]V7 PS2
    SwapMagic w/ Slide Card
    HP DVD Writer 420i
    Maxell DVD-R
    DVD Decrypter, Nero, DVD Shrink, Alcohol 120%[/small]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2004
  7. Kerdal

Kerdal Member

Thanks! I just looked at the websites of both BestBuy and Futureshop but Futureshop only has DVD-Ram and BestBuy sells a spindle of 50 discs (only TDK and Fuji) for $70. My deal was around $40 for a 50 disc spindle so I'll go for the HP. And I can't go into an actual store because I live in the middle of nowhere... It's a 7 hours trip to go to the closest Futureshop!

8. funnyman9

funnyman9 Guest

SO IS MY PROBLEM WITH SLOW GAMEPLAY AND REALLY REALLY SLOW LOADING WITH MY MEDIA???? ARE MEMOREX AND TDK DISCS THE PROBLEM?

9. Jerman

Jerman Member

Jesus man, lay off the caps.

I'm serious though, you guys should all try Fujifilm. Best media out there, IMO.

10. Redlife2g

Redlife2g Member

it cant be the memorex dvd's....ive been using Memorex dvd-r's for quite some time now with absolutely no problems at all. 24.99 for 25 at futureshop.

11. Xman2004

Xman2004 Regular member

honestly..memorex suck. get a better brand..evenif u have been using them..ur lense might not want them now, try TDK, Verbatim or Maxell

12. mrjihad

mrjihad Member

My two cents,

I had a bunch of cheap DVD-R and none of them would work with my PS2 for copying Madden 2005.

I used TDK Armor Plated DVD-R($4.99 a piece) to copy
    Madden 2005 and it worked like a charm.

http://www.cdrlabs.com/articles/index.php?articleid=23

Used DVD Decryptor to create the ISO and burn it.

While $4.99 is a little expense for doing a lot of backups my kids and I play Madden alot so I needed something that was tough enough to take a little punishment.

Good luck,
    Jihad

13. kill3rb

kill3rb Member

i use TDK dvd-r now for me it works better than ritek for some reason. If anyone wants to swap me with tdk's or buy my ritek G04 dvd-r's just let me know. i have 42 left.

14. cduff33

cduff33 Member

Beat me for asking a stupid question...
    I just bought the TDK DVD-R's so I will let you know how they work, but I see some people using the +R's and some the -R's. Are both equally compatible for PS2 back ups?

15. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

I use Dvd+R to backup my PS2 games, no problems so far. they all run smooth with no skipping, it really does depends on the brand you use to backup though.

16. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

older ps2's don't like +R. Here is a link listing media quality: http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]V9 PS2, flip top, SMD, DVDLoader
    Pioneer 107, ritek g04
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2004
  17. kevin1488

kevin1488 Member

Memorex works perfect for me. Is it bad on my laser? Should I switch to something else if it is working perfect?

18. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

it worked good for me also, but there is no guarantee how long it will work for. i switched to ritek, they are cheaper and better quality.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]V9 PS2, flip top, SMD, DVDLoader
    Pioneer 107, ritek g04
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2004