1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media Player Crushes

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by GDragonCS, Jun 9, 2005.

1. GDragonCS

GDragonCS Member

I made my first ratDVD of Shrek 2 (quality 100, from 7GB to 1.7GB). But I can't play the file in any player. Windows Media Player 10 crachses, Media Player Classic only reports 56 minute audio, PowerDVD refuses to player either. I have all the codecs, directx and other requiered stuff.

But, how to play the file for sure? Please I need detailed info, many users do.

Millan

2. Touch98

Touch98 Member

WMP10 :
    Try another DVD.
    I tried 3 DVDs. I couldn't play one(tru Calling) of them with WMP, like you.
    I could play other two DVD with WMP.

MPC :
    Try with turning off menu [View]->[Options]->[Filters]->[Source Filters]->[MPEG PS/TS/PVA].
    I could see video with above setting. But right click menu couldn't be used.

3. Touch98

Touch98 Member

One more suggestion.
    It's better that you restart Windows before try again, if WMP crushes.

4. dinkel

dinkel Member

Uninstall RatDVD if you want to play other DVD's again. Windows Media Player doesn't like something in XEBDEC.ax which ratDVD installs. If WMplayer doesn't play a normal movie file from HD or DVD drive, consider uninstalling RatDVD.