1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media Player on HDD

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Jthmeffy, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Jthmeffy

Jthmeffy Member

Im sure this question has been answered a million times but i cant seem to find what i am looking for. I just got a 18GB hdd (old one, mind you) installed and got hdloader to work just fine and load of Prince of Persia: Warrior within without problems... So i at least have the HDloader down.. somewhat..
    My problem comes when i look for a way to store media files (if nothing else, just mp3s) on my HDD and be able to play them with some kind of media player.. via HDloader or basically whatever there is that will recognize the HDD, the mp3s on it, and be able to play them. Also, i am guessing the HDL Dump will allow me to load the MP3s onto the HDD (just guessing, haven't really looked into that yet, but i know i can load games that way :) ).
    Whatever help you guys can give me i greatly appreciate.. As i said, im sure this has been answered, so if it has, just direct me to a thread or a site or something please.. lol

Jthmeffy

2. bmgdbz

bmgdbz Regular member

3. Jthmeffy

Jthmeffy Member

Thanx, but i checked out the reality media player and it doesnt have HDD support, and prolly never will, cause the creator or something pretty much quit... oh well.. I found this file called MP3.elf, the directions are very vague ('after you load it' is all he says).. anyone know anything about it or how to use it?

4. bmgdbz

bmgdbz Regular member

open notepad and paste this in it

BOOT2 = cdrom0:\MP3.ELF;1
    VER = 1.00
    VMODE = PAL/NTSC

now go to save as and where it says file type select all files and name it SYSTEM.CNF now burn SYSTEM.CNF and MP3.ELF to a cd and start it up in your ps2 if you have a modchip and it should work

5. Jthmeffy

Jthmeffy Member

damnit.. im a swapmagic kinda guy... lol, would it work along the same lines with the SM3 cd? or with a cdLoader in between?

6. bmgdbz

bmgdbz Regular member

im not 100% sure. I use a DMS3 and works fine you might have to edit the LBA tables with cdgenps2.

7. Jthmeffy

Jthmeffy Member

:( i know what cdgenps2 is.. but i have no idea how to edit anything... lol, god, i hate it when im new to something

8. bmgdbz

bmgdbz Regular member

i would just try it the way i said before and if it doesnt work with SMD try cdloader and if it still doesnt work look into using cdgenps2.

9. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

@Jthmeffy

Its easy,
    just open cdgen, drag the system.cnf into it. right click it >edit, select LBA fix. change the LBA to 12231.

If you dont want to do that you should try Action Replay Max, it has cd-r and flash drive support! It has a great media player.
    Ive got it running on my HD and I use it to play mp3s and divx with a usb flash drive!
    Visit codejunkies.com for more info =)

10. Jthmeffy

Jthmeffy Member

alright, i'll try that.. i really wanna be able to play the media off the hdd.. i've got a spare 80gb and i work night shift at a group home (I'm a CNA) and would like to have my entire music collection with me (45.3 GB.. a little over 10100 songs and always growing) :) I mean, i can get a 40gb Nomad for like $240 off of pricewatch.com, but i like having more interesting ways of doing things... meh, im odd

11. Jthmeffy

Jthmeffy Member

where can i get ps2cdgen at?

12. bmgdbz

bmgdbz Regular member

13. rowdan

rowdan Member

i assume where the pal/ntsc is you should put only the one for your correct type?
    I.E.
    VMODE = PAL
    or
    VMODE = NTSC

Also how do you go about storeing media file to the HDD?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2004
  14. bmgdbz

bmgdbz Regular member

to answer your question just put VMODE = PAL/NTSC and it will work on both NTSC and PAL TVs no need to change it.