1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media player won't read SD card

Discussion in 'Media tanks' started by Chex83, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Chex83

Chex83 Member

I have an issue with a current shipment. I work for design company that specializes in point of purchase displays, and we have a number of media players, or what is a pretty common picture frame that also does video. We have specified this player and supplied an SD card to be used to upload a video in the retail store.

I was called by the customer and told that the SD card won't play in the player. I have tried everything and the customer is right. The card is a 128mb card, it is recognized in every device I can find, camera, PC, SD to USB reader, but not the media player. The player reads every other SD card, but not this one. What could be causing this issue? I have reformatted the card, and I'm using the exact same video from the working cards. I have also used a 32mb card to rule out minimum limitations.

I have a shipment of players and cards that won't work, I need help!. I have racked my brain and figure out why the cards are read everywhere but that device...a device that reads the exact video from other SD cards.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Have you ruled out the NTFS and FAT32 format preference for the player.