1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

media player

Discussion in 'PS2' started by []v[], Aug 30, 2003.

1. []v[]

[]v[] Regular member

is there a media player like the XBoxes XBMP for the PS2??? i know theres PS2 reality but that means id need to reburn ma AVI files again to play on the Ps2 :( id just like to play ma AVI cd as they are on PS2. sorry if this question has been asked before i did look but there LOADS & LOADS of threads here

2. mladen85

mladen85 Guest

yea i would like sumthin like that too, i have tons on divx, xvid movies already on cd and i dont wanna reburn all of them again!!

Sum movies too are like 702mb and u have to cut out the ending credits and do all of that work.
    i hope they find a cd that u put in then swap with .avi

3. robert34

robert34 Guest

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/46745

it depends how you burned them, if you burned them just using data burn it wont work.

ps2 can only read mode2 and when you use data write it burns in mode2, you need to create and bin and cue so it makes it mode2 then it will work.

You can swap with the .avi file but it has to be created with cdgenps2 and burnt with cdrwin.

4. zamsak

zamsak Regular member

It is not necessary to burn them with Cdgenps2. Well if you burn them using Nero 5 in Mode2/Xa at 4X then they will work fine. You will have to burn the player in a seperate CD. Then once the player loads you have to eject it using a combination of buttons and pop in the movie disc. Simple.

5. robert34

robert34 Guest

you dont have to do that either. you can have play and avi on 1, and you can also have it seperate.

Ok im not going to start a fight here, the point i was trying to make is that if you make it with cdgenps2 it will automatically make it mode 2 so you just burn it. But im sure Nero can do it also.

6. mladen85

mladen85 Guest

wait i found my answer with ps2 reality media player 1.50 you can save to memcard and boot from cd so i can play any of my movies now :)