1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media Quality Question

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by psmo290, Sep 4, 2004.

1. psmo290

psmo290 Member

I'm currently using Sony dvd-r DMR47L2 to burn my ps2 backups

i've notice very little scratchy noises when i play the backup, but when i play my imports, i hear no scratching noises

is this normal? if i use a higher quality dvd-r, would there still be scratchy noises? When i play it, you can barely notice any scratching noises unless you put your ear right next to the ps2.

i'm burning all my game at 1X speed. Would this hurt my ps2? I'm concerned

2. mulletman

mulletman Member

what version is your ps2? I have a version 1 and even on Verbatim/Ritek discs it makes "scratchy" noises. It even does that on my originals. I contribute it to the age of the laser

3. psmo290

psmo290 Member

but mine doesn't do that anymore.

i was just mistaken, but on the CD games, it makes really loud scratchy noises.

4. Bladerz05

Bladerz05 Regular member

Has anyone had any luck with spin x dvd-r's. I tried burning DBZ Budokai 2. I used dvd decrypter to read and burn, i use the swap magic disks. I am burning air force delta strike. I will post the results when it gets done. Edit:This media works but is shit. 1 out of 3 work. not good media for backups

Last edited: Sep 11, 2004