1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media Question

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by sneaks, Feb 7, 2005.

1. sneaks

sneaks Member

Hi there. I'm new here. And I want to say your forum has been a tremendous help. I unfortunately came to late lol. I went out and bought a 50 pack of Memorex DVD+R's not knowing that they are not good quality. I tried to 3 times to backup one of my movies and each time I failed. After I found ur site and I did hours worth of reading I discovered that most prefer Maxell Media so I went and bought a 10 pack and backed up the same movie that wouldn’t work before.....and voila.....it works like a charm. Now I got all these darn blank dvd's and I cant use them at all? Isn’t there way I can still use them? I just would hate to waste them after all the money I put out on them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Sneaks

2. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

even memorex's should give you at least a couple good burns per 50 pack. use em for stuff you don't really care about though, since even the good burns will most likely crap out in a few months time.

worst comes to worst, you can use them to keep drinks from making water rings on your furniture, or get some exercise, go to the park and play frisbee with your friends.

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey sneaks, try burning those memorex at it's slowest speed. You may be able to get a few more burns out of the rest of that spindle. Poor media has to be burned slower.Don't put anything important on them,they may not last long.

You made a wise choice on those maxell's.It's a very reliable media using reliable manufacturers:,hitachi,ty,ricoh,and ritek. All pretty good to great manufacturers.

The upcoming grand american trapshoot is coming and they are looking for more coasters,send them all those memorex.lol

Good luck and burn on!

4. Dad_Of_3

Dad_Of_3 Member

Sneaks -
    It seems to be a trial and error deal with media. Lots of things can effect this,burner model,firmware,etc. If the Maxells worked for you i would stick with them. I have made about 130 + burns using Maxells and have not had a coaster yet. They seem to be a real good choice.