1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media region code mismatch in DeCrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by k2r, Feb 11, 2004.

1. k2r

k2r Member

Hi,

I am new to this stuff, and I am a little perplexed by a message I am receiving in DVD DeCrypter.

Upon starting the program, it populates the file window just fine, but I receive an error message via a pop-up window, that reads:

Device: [1:1:0] SONY DVD RW DRU-530A 1.0c (F:)
    Media region code is mismatched to logical unit region!
    The slower 'Brute Force' VOBdec/DeCSSPlus cracking methods will be used instead of I/O Key Exchange.
    Visit http://www.rpc1.org for Region Free (RPC Phase1) Firmware.

endquote.

I don't understand, why I am receiving the error, because the disk(s) I am trying to read are region 1 so is the DVD writer, the PC and everything.

Further: www.rpc1.org does not seem to exist.

When trying to rip anyway, several files pop up error messages claiming "DCSS failed, no vulnerable sectors found" I had tried to use the same DVD with DVD Shrink, where it had failed, therefore as a reverse test, I repeated the Decrypter operation with a DVD that had succeded in DVD Shrink, but I ran into the same problems.

Maybe I am overlooking something totally simple here, but any advice would be appreciated.

Bill

2. Ketale

Ketale Regular member

Hi Bill,

there seems to be some problem at rpc1, but try this link for the direct sony download page at rpc1

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?category=4&manufactor=30

You'll find a newer firmware and a link to the region free program. I don't really know the details about region free, I never had any problems, but maybe you'll find more help over there. Hope this helps!!

3. k2r

k2r Member

Thanks for your advice. I just got fed up with the Sony returned it, got a Plextor 708A and now everything is dandy....

Bill