1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media Sales 4/15-4/21

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Jasper44, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Jasper44

Jasper44 Regular member

Office Depot
    OD Brand 100-Pack 16x DVD+R/-R -$24.99

Best Buy
    Verbatim 25-Pack DVD+R/-R Movie Reel Discs -$8.99

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  2. Negritude

Negritude Regular member

That must be the 100-pack. I sure hope they send out some 50% off OD media coupons to go along with that.

3. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

oh wow nice and early

DANKA!

4. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

I think the last time I bought the OD 100 pack DVD+R, they turned out to be RICOHJPN R03...decent media.

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

I think that OD braneded media Normally Goes on sale for like $19.99 per spindle ? so $24.99 isn't a really great price on those_ Unless you get some of t hose Coupons for 50% off that Negritude mention Then it's a real bargain ! Otherwise you might want to wait & see if any of the other reatilers put something better onsale @ the same price Like Verbatims or Sony ect... I like OfficeDepot Media just fine but I like it better when it's a good deal !Just stay away from the ATIVA/CMC Mag junk !!!!!!!!!!!! Okay ! cheers!

6. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

PS#1 Jasper44 You still the Man Brother !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

What makes movie reel verbatims any different from other verbatims? Is the media code the same?

8. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

LABOY- Other than The Euro-Style Jewel cases If you Buy them in the Smaller packs I Think it's Just Clever marketing & cosmetics ! Like you can buy some Blank CDR's with Artwork Preprinted on them ! The media Code should be the same for a Given speed & Format ! The Only Ones I ever bought Were some 4X DVD+Rs some time ago & they worked good enough ! I think I used them for My DVDR ( standalone mostly ) Basically it's just a Gimmic Like those Cassettes you could buy back when with the little metal Reels in them !

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  9. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

BIGTOXY69
    Thanks, I figured as much...just a marketing scheme...

10. Negritude

Negritude Regular member

Yes, in fact, it's a very average price. 100-packs of media go on sale every week for $25 or less, so this is nothing special. You could have gotten Maxells, Sonys, or several other brands for the same price the last few weeks. Even worse, Office Depot doesn't let you use their coupons on media, because they consider them tech items, so you can't even reduce the price any, like you could if you bought some disks at Staples or OfficeMax.

And the Verbatim Movie Reel disks are just a marketing gimmick, and they're overpriced, since 50 of them will cost you $17.98, which is $5 more than a 50-pack of regular Verbs go on sale for at OfficeMax and Best Buy most weeks.

11. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Those Verbatim digital movie quality discs used to be 4x. I'm not sure if they are made in 8x speed or higher. The +4x were MCC-002,just like their regular +4x media life and data life. Same for their -4x.

Fancy picture,very little area to write on with a sharpie,but basically a regular verbatim.

This is slower media,so if anyone has older dvd-rw drives that have firmware issues with 16x media,this is the media that they could pick up. 4x and 8x media is very scarce, and best buy is one of the few places where it can be purchased.

12. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

saugmon- Yeah I agree ! Pretty But not really any better than plain verbatims ! I did buy some Generic 4X Verbatims a good while back Onsale from Newegg ? I think but have'nt gotten to them yet ( Like the Silver shiny Taiyou Yudens ) The were a good deal @ the time ! Officedepot Must not think They have intelligent Consumers ? If they will sell me a 100ct. Spindle for $19.99+tax Why would I pay $24.99 for the same media Which is what I would & do pay for Higher quality Media !Sony , Verbatims Ect... I do like Riteks & Ricohjpns Just Fine But I'm still Burning through My 8x OD's I'll buy'em when the price drops back down ! again ! cheers

13. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Went to samsclub Today - & along with food & other Necessities ! I picked up Two 50ct. Tubs of 8X DVD+R Verbatims For $12.88 each ! I don't know if it's just a local supply ( Central Louisiana) or all samsclubs have'em But I got mine ! Ciao! Y'all

14. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Congrats on the find Bigtoxy!

Those will yield MCC-003 and are very sweet!!!!! I still have around 30 of them left for my tv recorder.

I haven't been to sams club since I got my epson R-200 there around 2 yrs ago. I'd spend too much money in there, LOL

15. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

@ saugmon Do You think that the MCC-003 8x media is better than the MCC-004 16x media?? I'm just curious on your opinion?? /Unjust

16. Bigfatboy

Bigfatboy Regular member

my sams club also offers verbatim 8x for 12.88 and i have burnt many of these with nero scans of 95 and up. I have two plextors 740a and 760a and they love all verbatims. I like the mcc-oo3 just as much as mcc-oo4. mcc-002 have also done well with me also.

I also spend way too much in sams club

peace

17. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

MCC-003 is very good media. I didn't think that they could improve it,but verbatim did with the 16x MCC-004. But,I can't burn MCC-004 media slow. PIE/PIF errors skyrocket,as well as CRC errors when burning slow in my benqs.

18. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

@saugmon

Out of curiousity, what speed do you burn your MCC04 on your BENQ?

19. plutonash

plutonash Regular member

Any deals at officemax?

20. olamite

olamite Regular member

verbatims 16x..50 pack...dvd+/-r 12.99