1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media Sales 7/15 - 7/21

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Jasper44, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Jasper44

Jasper44 Regular member

OK, I'm back...for this week at least.

Office Max
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Circuit City
    [​IMG]

Best Buy
    [​IMG]

Office Depot
    [​IMG]

2. Playr

Playr Regular member

Welcome back! Thanks for posting these BTW.

3. czarman

czarman Member

Jasper 44,

Thanks for the heads up!! I was going to buy the Verbatim 16X DVD+/-R 50 Pack Spindle. Now I'll wait and get the better price from Office Max. How did you get these ads so early?

P.S.
    My friend works at Staples and told me about 110% price match guarantee. It has worked for me a bunch of times. I make it easy for them by bringing the ad with me to Staples.

From Staples Website

How does Staples 110% price–match guarantee work?

If you find a lower price, anywhere else on a new identical item, just show us the lower price when you buy the item at Staples or within 14 days of your Staples purchase — and we'll give you 110% of the difference.

Which items does Staples price match?

Almost everything we sell. The item must be identical, including model number, components and U.S. warranty. For wireless phones and other items with a service plan, the plan, provider, and other terms must be the same. The item must be in stock and available for purchase at that price from an authorized US reseller, whose authorization we reserve the right to verify

4. Jasper44

Jasper44 Regular member

I work for a newspaper and the Sunday papers start getting made on Wednesday. They get printed and shipped to the newspapers before that so the ads are out there about a week early.

5. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

Hey thanks Jasper. Thats the best verb deal yet to date. Looks like they slashed off $3 from the usual $25 sales tag

thanks!

6. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

DL Verbs $34.99 for 20 pack free shipping Supermedia. Chris

7. movies27

movies27 Regular member

it's about time some sony's go on sale!! yes!!!

8. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

[bold]I work for a newspaper [/bold]

This is how I picture Jasper working for the Newspaper:

[​IMG]

Jasper, You are Da Man!!!!

That was one funny show. A 30 something year old paperboy, riding a bicycle, and still living at home with his parents, LOL.

It didn't last very long so not many people have heard of it.

I've been off a while as well!!! Had too to slay some saugeye.

9. Yujenh

Yujenh Regular member

way to go jasper,
    great time to stock up some verbs guys.
    havent seen you in awhile saugman. you must be here
    for the verbs huh.

10. smash22

smash22 Regular member

He's back !!!

Thanks for the much needed info

11. movies27

movies27 Regular member

went to circuit city and they didnt have the 25 pack sony's on sale..figures!!...going to wal-mart tomorrow instead. :(

12. pholmes31

pholmes31 Member

You mean they didnt have them at the sale price,or they were sold out?Either way that does suck,but Wally World will prolly price match.I really don't like CC a whole lot,and hearing this doesnt help either.Oh well.

13. movies27

movies27 Regular member

they didnt have any at all...sorry

14. pholmes31

pholmes31 Member

Ok,i got another reason why Circuit City sucks.I went there to get one 25 pack of Sony + r's,i usually use -r's,but i think i figured out how to booktype them,so i thought i'd try out some +r's since they are so cheap.I noticed on the shelf they had alot of both,but only the -r's were priced $6.99.I have the guy price check them for me,and he says no only the -r's are that price,let me go get you some of those.I'm like no,if i wanted those i would've grabbed them.But he still tells me only those are on sale.Even though the ad. clearly says +r or -r.I didnt want to waste my time & energy argueing,so i just left.I remembered the Verbs were on sale at Office Max,so i went there instead and got some.I guess common sense aint so common anymore,but you guys probly already knew that.Sorry for the long read.Just wanted to vent that.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  15. wolves

wolves Regular member

Oh to have so many choices.

16. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

pholmes31-I'm proud of you !!!! Vote with your Feet and your check book or cash as the case may be ! maybe if enough people do that we'll get better service all around ? You might also wanna email them a letter of discontent About the situation as well !!! maybe they'll compensate you with some coupons or something maybe not but then atleast someone besides you and the sales clerk at CircuitCity will Know that He's a Dumb*SS !!!!!!!!!. Personally I tend to shop Bestbuy for Verbatims and Sony's (On-sale ) OFFicedepot for Their Brand DVD media ( Codes out as Ritek or Ricohjpn) & also for Sony or verbatims Though they mainly Do Sony , Officedepot & Then crap like memorex , Imation, Ativa ect... . I will also Pricematch when I can at wallyworld on the same product ! Otherwise I'll order From Supermediastore.com or Meritline.com OfficeMax is okay if there is one near you and they'll ship for free if you order is $50.00 or more ! The nearest one to me is over 100miles away and not worth driving with the current fuel prices But That's me ! anyway Good luck & happy Burning ! Ciao!

17. pholmes31

pholmes31 Member

Luckily i have an Office Max not too far away,so i just went there.This just reminded why i don't care for CC.The Verb + R's have worked great so far,so i'm actually glad i got them instead.I still have quite a few -R's left,so i should be good for awhile.

18. Jasper44

Jasper44 Regular member

There will be Sony 50-Packs on sale next week at I think it was Best Buy. Just a heads up for people that like Sonys. I should have a new thread up tomorrow

19. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Jasper44- Just when I thought school had finally beat you down !- You rise Phoenix -Like to the occasion and as usual prove me wrong!!!!!- & As always you still da'man Jasper- Thanks again ! & Good luck with the classes as well Ciao!

20. Negritude

Negritude Regular member

Correction: Sony 50-packs will be on sale at Staples.