1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media Sales week of 09/16/07-09/22/07

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by bunnyrip, Sep 15, 2007.

1. bunnyrip

bunnyrip Regular member

2. bratcher

bratcher Active member

Thanks for the tip! I bought two 100 packs that both said MIT. Sale is good for both + & -R. Even though I usually prefer -R I bought the +R this time.

3. bunnyrip

bunnyrip Regular member

No problem! Always glad to share the sales info on decent media!
    I like the DVD+R myself, it can be booktyped to DVD-ROM. It really is a matter of personal preference.
    Both media types(+R and -R) will produce good results when burned properly.

4. bratcher

bratcher Active member

Well my preference is -R since thats what I started with. The reason I bought +R this time is because I've recieved several of these 8 & 16x Verbs in +R format (old time radio & classic TV distributions) and they all copied great. The way a distro works is you copy the disc for yourself then pass the one you recieved on to the next reciever by mail.

Anyway these discs were only a dollar more than the 4x white inkjet printable Verbs I buy from Meritline so I grabbed them while they are on sale. Would have bought all 6 on the shelf however I have 150 Maxells, & about 60 4x Verbs so there was no need to really stock up on 600 discs. If I was down to a hundred or so then I would have grabbed all 6 packs!!

My new DVD recorder (hooked up to the Comcast DVR) has been burning a lot of classic movies to disc lately. Plus the Plextor burns it's share too.

Here I was about to buy 200 of those 4x Verbs & I ran across your post. Why do I buy them? $25 per hundred is cheap & I don't mind having to burn them at 4x. Yes I can burn 16x without problems but I'll burn the new Verbs at 8x.

Thanks again for the sale pointer.....

5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Always nice to see Verbatims on sale.

6. catfreak

catfreak Active member

KMart
    Sony DVD±R  50/$14.99
            CD-R  100/$14.99

7. bratcher

bratcher Active member

Well if you haven't already done so then head for your nearest Office Max & stock up on those Verbs!!