1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media Sharing (Videos)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mduga, Feb 2, 2007.

1. mduga

mduga Regular member

I was able to share my music from my computer without any problem, and I added all of my videos, but they aren't detected by my 360. Says it doesn't see any videos. Can I not play divx files or what? I tried both Zune, which wouldn't even let me view the videos on my computer, and Windows Media Player 11 to share my media. The music shows up without problems, but the videos do not. What do I have to do so I can watch them? I gave up with zune and went back to wmp11 since I was actually able to watch movies with that program. Any ideas whats wrong here? Thanks.

-Duga-

2. wabashman

wabashman Active member

well since you were able to get the music to be added to real player 11 perhaps you can tell me, becuase i cant seem to do this at all.

nevermind, i figured it out. it was becuase it wasnt looking for that folder to begin with. stupid external drives and RP11.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2007
  3. mduga

mduga Regular member

i used a hub. plugged my cable modem into the uplink and my computer into slot 1 and the 360 into slot 2. That didn't work for sharing media, but i could get on the internet. so i figured i would just try using a crossover cable and when i tried that, it worked except now i can't be on the internet and share my media at the same time. like i said, i was able to share music, but my videos just don't show up on the 360. still not sure why. i am using windows xp. anyone know the answer? please help us out.

-duga-

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  4. wabashman

wabashman Active member

haha, sorry, i was going on about 3 hours of sleep today. well actually i still am, about to hit the sack right now. but the main point of my previous post was to ask you how you even added music to real player. i couldnt seem to do it. but i finally figured that part out. but how do you get to access the music on the 360? i still cant seem to figure that one out.
    thanks and sorry for the confusion!!