1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media Shopping

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by pchan424, Dec 28, 2004.

1. pchan424

pchan424 Member

Ok.. ive been looking around the forums here and trying to see what different people have said about the media. I think after reading the reviews and everything i want to go with Taiyo Yuden dvd-r media. Im posting to ask all of your oppinions on best places to shop for media online. I want to know your experiences to make sure they are dependable and dont sell fakes. I do have this site
    http://www.supermediastore.com/media1.html?source=dvdidentifier&UDI= [Not%20Available]
    But i think i read someones post about them getting unreliable media from them.
    I came across this next merchant in an earlier post i was reading. These seem pretty promising and i was thinking about ordering those disks there in the link.
    http://www.rima.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=R&Product_Code=1736-50
    Im looking for all of your oppinions on a good place for me to shop and your oppinions on media would be awesome if you want to input as well. Thanks

2. pchan424

pchan424 Member

I guess no one really likes a broad question. or is it just me? i figured everyone would be jumping on this one. Your info/oppinion would be greatly appreciated

3. kchev

kchev Regular member

i have about 500 of those TY discs from rima and they are top of the line
    i recommend rima and newegg for media

you have to give people time to reply, they get on here on their own time. be patient

4. vatsim5

vatsim5 Member

Another piece of advice and for more quality help, it would be to your benefit to mention what country you live in as there are members from all over the world. Case in
    point. I live in Canada and newegg or meritonline is of
    no benefit to me because of shipping and customs charges.
    I would be interested in hearing from other Canadians where they buy their blank media online in Canada. Same
    would hold true for our British friends etc. Just a
    friendly tip for future use. Thanks, Zeide.

5. pchan424

pchan424 Member

Hmm thanks for the help. I've done shopping at newegg before but not for media. I didnt even really think to check theirs heh. It seems to do have some TY but rima.com seems far less expensive then newegg. I Live in the united states. Mississippi. So i guess any online thing would be ok perferably in the country. So rima is prety trustable? I may try them. Anyone else have good experiences shopping for media online?

6. raceman17

raceman17 Member

I use Ritek GO4s with no problem. I get them from meritline. They have free shipping also.
    Later
    Aaron

7. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

My advice would be to go with the 8x silver lacquer faced Taiyo Yuden's from meritline.com. At $47.50 for a 100 pack, its the best price around for the best media available. Meritline is great. I purchased a ton of stuff the tuesday before x-mass, and it was waiting at my door that friday. With Taiyo's at that price, theres really no reason to buy anything else.