1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media Stream NeoDVD 6

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Bushiee, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Bushiee

Bushiee Member

Hi all,
    I have had no luck searching the web for my answer so I hope one of you guys can help me.

I have purchased neodvd 6 because my hard drive is getting overloaded with my movies so I thought I'd convert them to play on the stand-alone DVD player.
    I was told this is one of the best and easiest ways to do it and would convert all my AVI/Mpeg files to DVD (VTS-vob)
    Yes it converts the Mpeg files spot on,
    But when it comes to my AVI files all I get is the picture and NO audio what so ever ?
    The files all play fine on media player so its not a codec problem (I dont think)
    Any help would be most appreciated as my hard drive is begining to get quite fat !!!!
    cheers

2. NiHeally

NiHeally Member

Hi,

I have the same problem while using NeoDVD for making DVD's out of some of my AVI's.

Those with audio as MPeg3 or DIVX's are fine, but any as MPEG4 there is only video and no audio when I play the dvd back.

To check whether the avi's giving you problems are Mpeg4's go to the avi file, then properties and then summary, this should tell you what your dealing with, mine are DIVXMPEG4 V3's and for some reason NeoDVD just doesn't make these into DVD files with audio. But they play fine in Windows Media Player (10).

I have also tried a few CODECS but none of them have worked, I'll keep looking and let you know if I find one that does the job. Other than that if there is someone out there who can help, please let me know what I need to do.

Thanks

Niamh