1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media type for copying SP2 games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by vpet4387, Jan 23, 2005.

1. vpet4387

vpet4387 Member

I'm new at this and need some questions answered. What type of DVD media do you use to copy SP2 games?
    -R/+R and what is the best copying speed to use? I was going to use "AnyDVD" and "Alcohol 120" to copy with a I/O Magic DVD drive. Does "DVD Decrypter" work the same as "AnyDVD" and is it free? HELP....PLEASE!!

2. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

use alcohol 120% ,works great for me, it depends on ure ps2 console type if it can handle dvd +r , mine is v9 and i only use dvd+r and allw work fine. Dont go for cheap media , as long as use decent media like verbatim , TY or ritek u have no problems.

3. vpet4387

vpet4387 Member

First of all, thanks for responding to my inquiry. You say yours is V9? How do I identify my SP2 or where do I find that info?

4. kinza

kinza Regular member

5. vpet4387

vpet4387 Member

Do I have to install a Mod Chip in my SP2 for my copies/backups to work? Also, I found out my SP2 is V7/8. Now how do I find out if I need to use -R or +R DVD's?

6. kinza

kinza Regular member

You don't have to buy a modchip. If you don't want to pay for installation or don't want to go into extensive installation yourself, get a flip top or a slide tool with Swap Magic Discs or Breaker Pro. Another alternative is to get a hard drive and hook it up with your PS2, get a network adapter, and load games directly off of the hard drive using the
    PS2 HDAdvance or HDLoader. You can check them out here: http://www.gocybershop.ca/customer/home.php?cat=191

If you decide to get a modchip you won't have to switch discs all the time. If you decide to go the hard drive that will have multiple expenses, I also recommend getting the hard drive in-store. You can get a 200 GB hard drive for around $90.00 after a mail-in-rebate. Each DVD-based game is usually four GB's.

7. vpet4387

vpet4387 Member

kinza - thanks for the info & link....much appreciated.

8. kinza

kinza Regular member

no prob