1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by itc021, Oct 7, 2004.

1. itc021

itc021 Member

Hi everyone

I have a question about media!

Are Ritek any good? I am new to DVD burning and bought a 100 pack of Ritek GradeA 4 speed DVD-R 4.7GB - InkJet Printable. Some backups work fine, however, some start jumping while playing on my normal DVD player but work OK on my PC. My PC is brand new (very fast machine) could it be that they are being copied at too higher speed for my very old DVD player to cope with or is it the media? I am using DVD shrink. There are so many factors to consider I don't know where to start!.

Please can anyone offer any advice

Thanks

Ste...

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Then post in the media forum not the Shrink forum.

*moved*

3. catfreak

catfreak Active member

...itc021, first of all if you're burning at 4X, that isn't too fast ... I like to burn at 2X, but it isn't necessary to go that slowly ... second, are you doing anything else with your computer while you're burning discs? If you are, that can cause problems ... if not ... make sure that scheduled processes like auto-defrags, virus scanners and pop up killers are disabled ... disable your screensaver also, as it may cause a bad burn ...

... I also recommend downloading DVD Info Pro (it's free) and use it to check the DVD when you're done burning (you can also use DVD Decrypter, tick the box that's on the final burning screen to enable verify burn) ...

... When I backup a DVD, I disconnect from the 'net and shut down all functions that don't apply to the backup process ... I have an excellent success rate ... Good Luck To You !

... Oh, and yes ... I use RiData branded Ritek DVD+R 4X media ...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]                 [​IMG]       

. . . Of all the things in my life that I've lost . . . . . I miss my mind the most . . .[/small]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2004