1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by rafer11, Jan 21, 2005.

1. rafer11

rafer11 Member

Well, I got a new slimline about a month back, and i got my swap magic today, and will be picking up a pioneer dvr-108 saturday afternoon. This leaves me with one need. The need for some good media. What media should i get? My need for the media is obviously backing up ps2 games. Notta much else. I always hear alot about g04's and yuden's but then someone will be like "those suck, buy Z instead". Whats the real deal?

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

I'm sure there are a lot of different brands that can work. I myself have only actually tried one brand and stuck with it ever since, HP 4x dvd+r's. I use these flawlessly on my slimline. Don't think I've had a coaster with one of these.
    Actually, i did try Verbatim 8x max dvd+r's and they didn't work for me. I'm guessing it was the 8x max that was the problem.

3. rafer11

rafer11 Member

Where do you get your hp's? if the net, where at?

4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

I used to get them from TigerDirect, but apparently they stopped carrying the 4x max and now only carry the 8x max, so i'll be lookin around too.

5. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I use Ritek G04 DVD-R's with excellent results every time. If you ask around other people will recommend these too, but if you use +R's I don't have an answer for you.

6. rafer11

rafer11 Member

+r, -r, whichever. doesnt matter. I think ill probably get some g04 -r's then. Where do you get yours at(internet-wise)?

7. beltline

beltline Regular member

8. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I had bad luck with the G04's with the white matte finish tops. Those were Ridata. Now I use regular G04's (not Ridata) with the silver tops. They work great for me. I can burn anywhere from 1x to 4x.

I get mine at supermediastore.com usually but I just recently found some for a lot cheaper at shop4tech.com. My advice would be to stay away from Ridata.