1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

medion 7457 dvd/divx player

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Piet666, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Piet666

Piet666 Member

Can someone, tell me in which subtitle file format I have to burn together with *.avi file on CD so that my medion 7457 dvd/divx player can read It? I have tried with *.srt, *.ssa *.txt even *.sub (convert with a program *.srt to *.sub) but the player cant read it :s.

2. brumme

brumme Member

Hi Piet666, I've got the same problem... i'm going to try some other .sub formats and if they work i'll post it in here, but if it doesn't work i think we need a way to merge the sub-files with the avi files... if anyone knows how to do that i'm all ears, And offcause if i find a way to do it i'll post that too.

3. brumme

brumme Member

Hi Again, i've found this site where they've posted a firmware version that is made by Packard Bell, i haven't tested it yet, but i will.
    The site is http://www.md7457.tech.nu/ and the firmware is called "Packard Bell DivX100 v54.4B.00.03 by kodan2k".
    Remember if you do test this, you will break the warranty and there are no garanties if it works... and worst case is that your player could crash.
    But if you wait a while, i'll test it myself and post how it went here...

4. brumme

brumme Member

Hi, sorry for my late reply i was going to a party yesterday and i forgot to write afterwards... but the firmware works perfect on my Medion 7457,
    It change the language to french, but then you just have to choose Anglais ;) in the setup menu.
    I only tested it with .sub files though.
    Hope this was usefull.