1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

meet the fockers problem

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by biglou, Apr 20, 2005.

1. biglou

biglou Member

I was amazed how a couple of members were against how fast I was able to get flockers well I have a lot connections with movie I'm addicted to burning once in the blue moon you run into problems so I thought maybe someone could help me. Thanks to all the members who kept it real. Its better to know a problem before time.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Is that a movie about how all the birds [bold]Flock[/bold] to the south during the winter?

LOL!! :)

3. Buik

Buik Regular member

Now, now, BBMAYO, you must live in the Northern Hemisphere. Let us be more sensitive to our "Southern" subscibers. Their birds fly "north" during the winter.

Actually I am not PC, but am a realist in many ways.

TC

4. jim3000gt

jim3000gt Guest

Hi, I have just tried to back up my DVD ( Meet The Flockers ) using AnyDVD's updated version with 64 bit software. The disc came out all scrambled, which is not supposed to happen. Is anyone else having problems using this updated version?

5. JXP2307

JXP2307 Regular member

Again with the Flockers....lol

Anyway, I burned "Flockers," ;) with no problem using DvD Decrypter.

I tried AnyDvD, and did not find that it was worth it. But that is just my opinion.

6. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hey Arniebear, We have quite a mess with those new versions don't we. I reinstalled the versions of Clonedvd and Anydvd before the beta versions. 2802 and 5101 damaged one of my Ritek RW discs I was using for testing. Now I can't erase it. I've had enough of the new versions for awhile. My dvd drive would not burn, would not see any discs. My computer started running very slow. I thought I was having system problems. I uninstalled the 2802 and 5101 and everything went back to normal. They have major issues there somewhere so I'll wait till they get it resolved.

8. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Yeah, I don't know what is with this new version, but at least we are not alone. I am going to uninstall and go back to the old versions. I keep getting a crc error when trying to rip with with Clone DVD yet I rip at 12x with decrypter no problems. I got pixellation on playback on my Pitch Black backup. They say you get what you pay for well DVD Decrypter may be free but it works fantastic, blaze on Lightning UK.

9. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Yea, it a good thing there are several ways of getting the job done. I've been following the CDfreaks threads. Everyone is looking for links to the old versions. I save all downloads to my D drive. I must have 10 versions of Clone and Anydvd on there so it wasn't a problem going back to the older version. Someone on here should set up a link like that to the old versions.

Jerry

10. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Good idea, I save my old versions too, have them on a separate drive and on disk, you never know when you may need them, like now. I am surprised we have not seen more messages, they must be all at cdfreaks yelling for Olli. I have decided to take a wait and see approach on if they get the bugs straightened out before I recommend this program again.

11. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

You only hear from people who are having problems, generally which are due to conflicts with other programs/drivers. Those numbers of people who do not have have problems with these programs likely do not respond due to the lack of need or not wanting to be refered to as an "AnyDVD Whore" just because the programs work well for them.

By the way, no one will have success with the "Flockers".

12. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I have tried about every dvd program out there at one time or another. I have access to a great deal of software. Decrypter is a great program, Shrink was great until updates stopped. Clonedvd and Anydvd were also good until this version. Anytime they rewrite programs from scratch you could have problems and they sure do. Clone and Anydvd are still my first choice and will be again once they kill the bugs. No one should knock a good program as long as it works well. Doesn't matter if its a free one or purchased one. I just think they updated Clone and Anydvd too fast this time and missed something in the rewrite.

13. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I agree, AnyDVD and CloneDVD are really great programs. I too think they tried to do too much with this update in order to get in on the beginning of 64bit, they will probably come out with another update that addresses the problems a lot of users are having. Until then I'll use the old versions which work well, and as long as I have my trusty decrypter to fall back on I'll be able to keep burning. I can always rip to hardrive, and do my editing in Clone DVD, it works for me.

14. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I still have AnyDVD 4.6.3.1 install files, so if anyone wants it just PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

Sorry you guys are having trouble with this one. So far I've only used it on 2 movies and didn't have a problem.

15. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Thanx squizzle, I'll eventually get sorted. Glad your is working fine.

16. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

17. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Thanks, I'll try them tonight after work.

Jerry

18. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Well, have you try "DVD43" version 3.5.2.113(or the latest)? This should easily work/bypass any of the new protections, even with the new Sony ARccOS. Perhaps, you can try "DVDIdle Pro v5.82[5.83 latest] or DVDRegion Free v5.82[5.83 latest]" for a free trail from www.dvdidle.com - as far as I know, these softwares should work while running in the background. And yes... they all support burning softwares i.e. Nero, DVD Shrink, DVD X Copy, 1Click DVD Copy, DVD FAb, InterVideo DVD Copy, CloneDVD, etc.

19. tsquare43

tsquare43 Regular member

Sorry to hear that people are having problems with these 2 programs. I really like both of them. I am in my 4th day of the 21 day trial period with Any DVD and CloneDVD and I have burned 5 movies in the past 3 days with no problems. I have just recently been able to burn anything, so I am happy at the moment. Guess I shouldn't talk about it because I will probably jinx myself. I did tell a work buddy about these 2 and he tried them with mixed success. They worked fine for about a week and started giving him trouble (particularly CloneDVD) last night. He uninstalled CloneDVD, kept AnyDVD, and was able to burn 2 movies with XCopy Express. I have XCopy Express, but it has never worked right for me and I simply don't use it.

20. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

@alkohol, Yes I have DVD43 also. It was only updated a few weeks ago. I have a computer built only for burning that I assembled from spare parts. The desktop looks like a recording studio. I built the spare PC so my main unit wasn't tied up while burning. So YES I have tried most of the programs in use. I keep coming back to Clonedvd and Anydvd because they are simple to use, usually give excellent results, and normally do not conflict with other programs (until this last batch of updates). I'll try the new versions tonight again. If they work as the older versions did, I'll be back to using them again.

Jerry