1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

memcard exploit on a ps 1 memory card possible ?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by joyrider, Aug 30, 2004.

1. joyrider

joyrider Member

Hi,

i wan't to install hdloader on my memorycard, but i don't know anyone with a modded ps2 or swapdisks and i just find it so stupid to buy them swapdisks for one time useage. Now i wonder since i also got a Playstation 1 and some xplorer cartidge where i can upload saves to a playstation 1 memory card, if it would be possible to upload the exploit on that memory card ? or is there some other possible exploit using a ps 1 memory card and a playstation 1 to get my stuff going on my ps2

2. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

its not possible, you cant upload the exploit to a PS1 memory card. if you have action replay you can use that to load the exploit to your MC instead of swapmagic disks.

3. joyrider

joyrider Member

damn so no matter what i'm forced to buy either swapmagic or action replay for one time usuage :/

4. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

or if you know someone with a mod chip or gs, ar or sm discs, you could ask them to do it for you.

5. joyrider

joyrider Member

yea the problem is i don't know anyone hehe, so i was looking for a way to do it without having to buy anything special, in other words while just having a plain ps2 and a memory card.

I've noticed i can copy files from a PS1 memory card to a PS2 memory card. And since i do have a Playstation 1 with some older cheat deveices where i can upload saved games to the playstation 1 memory card, could there exist perhaps a way to transfer an exploit using my playstation 1 and the xplorer FX as Playstation 1 Save to my playstation 1 memory card and afterwards copy that save to my ps2 memory card in the PS2 browser?

6. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

the problem is that ps2 saves don't work on ps1 mem cards, and the exploit is a ps2 system settings file, so if you want to put the exploit on your mem card you will either have to buy the sm or ar discs, or if you want to risk it, get someone here to load the exploit onto your mem card for you, but that depends on whether you want to trust someone with your mem card lol