1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

memoirs of a geisha

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dreams66, Nov 14, 2007.

1. dreams66

dreams66 Member

Hi
    I know this the second thread for this movie that i posted in the last 2 days i did dvd hd fab then FixVTS i followed the guide while i was on dvd shrink it told me out of memory and out of storage space. was any one able to back up the movie? on the prior thread was a link for an older thread, i followed it up but nowhere was there any mention of anyone having any success. Any suggestions?

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I've now closed the thread i'd previously linked you to as it's a year+ old and we can use this one of yours as the Memoirs thread (bearing in mind there's no issue with this movie at all...); however the methods within the old thread were perfectly fine for this ancient but excellent movie. You can either use ZoSoIV's post there or stick with DVDFab; i did this movie (way back when it was new on DVD) using whichever version of DVDFab was current a year ago, though i may well have used just DVD Shrink on it's lonesome. Try doing movie only using DVDFab

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm
    Just in case you have trouble navigating, that's the link to the program's home site and download page. 4.0.1.2 is the current version.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  5. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

also make sure you have to most up to date firmware for you're drive/burner. this helps the transcoding process.check here

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

How? ;)

7. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

Pacman I'm not sure but I've seen some drives able to transcode movies that other drives can't. Its happened to me. so I'm not sure how to explain it?? lol

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You can download files from the internet to be transcoded that have nothing to do with the firmware of an optical drive. Firmware is for updating drives for better compatibility with media and sometimes to address hardware function. That's reading and writing. As most of us have seen, some drives read and/or burn better than others. Transcoding software is sometimes dependent on the files that have been read by the optical drive for a source. But the firmware has nothing to do directly with transcoding that I'm aware of, other than problem in - problem out.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007