1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memorex=Crap??

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by nintari, Aug 12, 2004.

1. nintari

nintari Member

Hi, I've made quite a few burns with these Memorex4X DVD-R's and nearly everyone one of them glitches,stuters,hisses and pops at one point or another during gameplay. GTA VC even locks up for crying out loud. I've read on here that you need grade A media. Are memorex not up to par or what do you think is my problem? I have ONE game burned with Maxell and it's flawless.

My other big question is...if I go out and get Maxell discs...can I use my Memorex back ups to make new back ups? Or do I need to use the originals again?

2. 2005

2005 Regular member

You should use the originals if you are having troubles with the burns.. seems like bad burns to me. If you use the copys you will most likely get the same results when you make backups off of them. I have a 25 pack of Memorex 4x -r's and have backed up 5 movies... all of which playback in my computer, on my ps2 and on my set top dvd player with out so much as a single flicker.

3. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Ritek g04's are very good media. As for you backing up your memorex onto your new discs i would say yes. Because you made a successful back up with maxell you must be burning them right. I had f1 2004 on crappy media and my ps2 wouldnt play it, i burned a new copy onto datawrite from the crappy media disc and the new disc worked. Give it a go, or you can always use your original.