1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memorex DVD+/-DLRWL1 F16 help!!

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by topbanger, Jan 3, 2005.

1. topbanger

topbanger Member

i tried to burn a vcd with nero i use a 12x cd i notice the was burning it at max 48x the cd fail as excepted but the light on drive was still blinking and cd would not eject so i restarted the pc and took it out. know music cdrom, wont play they are not detected it plays dvd but it will not burn them . this drive new 3 months old, runnin windows xp p4 any idea please help

i try this already same result
    Try this:

Go to Device Manager >

Expand the tree for DVD/CD ROM Drives >

Find the drive in question, right click it and go to Properties >

Under the Driver tab, select Uninstall then OK.

Now reboot and Windows should detect and reinstall the drive.

If this doesn't help try the same steps as above except expand the tree for IDE ATA/ATA Controllers and uninstall either the Primary or Secondary controller depending on which one the drive in question is attatched to. Nero Info Tool can tell you which chain the drive is on under the Configuration tab.

i also tried updating firmware

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  2. hfharley

hfharley Member

I have exactly the same problem with the CD's. I also update the firmward to BWSE, didn't help. I hope someone has a good idea, the drive is only a month old. I can also still use the DVD functionality, but it's a bummer to not have the CD.

I contacted Memorex and they said it is a hardware failure and advised I return.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  3. Miami305

Miami305 Member

lol, Memorex has to do something about this for the XP users cause the same thing happened to me, not only does the CD's not work, but i can't burn anything either