1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

memorex dvd-r 8x

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by WHOTIME, Jan 1, 2005.

1. WHOTIME

WHOTIME Member

hi all i am new and was wondering i bought 100 of these memorexs and they have alot of rigids on the end but they are burning and playing fine so was wondering is this a prob or not

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

That is all that matters,if they burn and play ok. If you do run into trouble down the road, you might want to set your target to the disc at 4300 mbs. This will keep that burn from going to the edge of the disc. I don't know what programs you use,but I always have mine set at 43oo mbs in dvd shrink.

Also, memmorex are not highly recommended by members here,unless you know which ones are the good ones. Many different manufacturers using the memmorex brand name. This occurs in most brands of media,but memmorex really uses a lot of the poorer manufacturers. Just something to be on the lookout if you do run into burn errors.

Here is a handy program to tell you what company made them memmorex blank discs: http://dvdinfopro.com

There are many more tools for free here at AD. Just look in the software tab,it will take you to a lot of dvd tools and software. Most of it is free or at least a free trial.Also check out the dvd-r media forum, You will find some great sites to buy media whether it is on the web or a local store.

Good Luck

3. jay33

jay33 Regular member

I would be VERY reluctant to buy any Memorex, let alone a 100 pk. They would have to be about 10 cents each before I could take the plunge.

4. WHOTIME

WHOTIME Member

I HAVE been using memorex ever since i got my dvd burner and havent had a problem. hmm i might have to look for some new media. on that program will it tell me who made my disc and what are some good makers of there disc

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey WHOTIME, after you get the code,you can check this site for manufacturer and ratings. It hasn't been updated for a while but will get you close. http://digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

It has a rating of different codes,who makes it,watch for fakes, and a lot of other info. I stick with mcc "mitsubishi" and ricohjpn01. They are in the top 2.

That's the bad thing about media,many manufacturers using the same brand name.On those ricohjpn's i use, here are the different brand names made by ricoh that I use:verbatim +4x media life 30 pack spindle, maxell +4x-5 pack/jewel cases and 25 pack spindles,teon +8x 20 pack spindle,sony +4x 10 pack with jewel cases,and tkd + 2.4x rw 5 pack with jewel cases. If you get any of these brands in a different quantity-probably a different manufacturer,especially the teons.The same holds true when using the dash format.

Find a good media and stick with the same brand and spindle/pack count.

If you aren't having any trouble with them yet,just keep that target at 4300 mbs.

The edge of the disc is where the poor media shows. The outer edge of media is where the uneven dye and your fingers tough it.In your case,ridges.

Keeping the target size 4300 helps on poor media.

Have a great Day!