1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

memorex dvd r are these bad discs to use

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by rannbo, Nov 5, 2004.

1. rannbo

rannbo Member

I have a bunch of memorex discs and I want to know if it is ok to burn ps2 games on to them, or if they will mess up your ps2

2. wong_c_fu

wong_c_fu Regular member

They should be okay to use, actually, I believe I recall some people posting on here who also use them and said they were okay...don't use them myself so I can't tell you for sure

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

the problem with memorex is that they don't make there own discs they buy from who ever will supply the cheapest at the time so sometimes you will get high quality media and another batch will be of less quality

4. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

OR they wont work at all which is what these 30 I bought are doing....lol. I also just ordered 100 online, but I might not open them and just get money back. Whats a GOOD brand that makes there own dvd-r's so I will know they work.

5. maulucci

maulucci Member

I use verbatim dvd+r's on a version 4 ps2 and have never had a problem. I have a stack of unused memorex but I am to cheap to try them on ps2, They work for my movies, so I don't want to use one for ps2 and then find out that I have a new coster! so verbatim is what I will stick with.

6. shai770

shai770 Member

i burn my ps2 backups with memorex dvd-r's. I bought them at wal-mart late one night and they work fine with no errors. I burn my backups with nero or alcohol 120% at 2x write speed or less.

7. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

I use dvd decrypter and dvdshrink and have had no problems till recently and I did find out that these memorex are made by some crazy sounding company. The working memorex ones were made by ritek and Ive seen that name brand before so I think I am going to switch to verbatim or imation.

8. Stoan

Stoan Member

I use DVD+R memorex and they all read but half of them skip...

9. SiMMo_L

SiMMo_L Member

Do you guys have a modchipped PS2 or an original?
    I have an original V.1 (01/2000) PS2 and have had no problem with films on memorex dvd+r, but it won't work with any other brand. I haven't tried games yet, i'm a bit scared that i will ruin my PS2. Any hints?

Thanks ...
    SiMMo

10. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

I think the problems change as versions change, but I could be wrong.