1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memorex DVD+R DL stopped working

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by swifty74, Dec 13, 2007.

1. swifty74

swifty74 Member

Hey whats up
    I been searching for the answer to this problem for sometime now
    I have been using Memorex DL DVDs for some time now and haven't had any problems with it all the games I burned worked with no problem but recently every game i have burned either say unplayable disc or the name of the game appears on the 360 but when it comes time to load it it just freezes up I use Clonecd and Imageburn to make my burns burning at either 2x or 2.4x same problem I have a Hitachi drive my 360 is intact right now so i wouldn't be able to tell you what version it is and at the moment i don't know what firmware im running on it but if i have to update my firmware or use a different media source I'm willing to do so to get the games to run any help would be wonderful

2. theridges

theridges Guest

i would say switch to verbatim..
    thats why we tell people not to use cheap media because in the long run it will kill the laser..anybody who has been backing up games since the ps2 days will tell you this if anything you might have to get a new dvd drive.

3. swifty74

swifty74 Member

thats the thing the drive isnt dead it still plays all the games i already had burned but any new game i burn comes out with error messages or freeze up before loading

4. theridges

theridges Guest

what are the games doing this?
    what kind of burner and program are you using?

5. swifty74

swifty74 Member

The burner i am using is a Lite-on DVDRW S0HW-163S
    I am using clonecd and imageburn to burn them
    the games i am trying to burn are need for speed carbon, Kane and Lynch Dead Men, assassins creed, and naruro rise of a ninja
    i had need for speed burned before and it was running and when i reburned it it wouldnt work any more

6. steimy

steimy Active member

when you are re-burning games are you just taking the files from the older disc and then putting it on a new one? Just wondering as that could be the cause of the problem since you are using low quality media that has be noted to degrade and have errors.

If not it could just be your burner giving out, Lit-On is not the best burner for lasting a long time without starting to give errors. I had one (Sony DRU-710A which is actually a rebadged Lite-On) and it lasted only two years.

7. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Are your old games and new games burnt from the same spindle of dl's? Or have you since opened a new pack of dl's?

The reason I'm asking is because Memorex doesn't make their own media. They have different manufactures... and most of them are crap. And there's no way to tell until after you bought the spindle and opened it.

That's why it's recommended to not use Memorex. You may get a good spindle or two, but it's always a crap shoot with that brand.

Use Imgburn or DVD Decrypter. Take one of your old, good backups and compare the "Disc ID" to one of your new backups. And for kicks, Google that id and see what others are saying about it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  8. swifty74

swifty74 Member

I am burning need for speed off of a image ill get better media to burn on to what drive(s) is best for burning 360 games

9. vamsilak

vamsilak Regular member

swifty
    i think u r doing it right the burning process

i have the same problem
    windata and memroex are the junky in the dl dept
    ihave the same prob with memorex burning the backup movies
    use verb/sony /ty/tdk
    i prefer these