1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memorex DVD+R DL

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Videopro1, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Videopro1

Videopro1 Guest

I just saw these at comp USA for $19.99 a three pack. Anyone know who makes these for them? The verbatim dual layer are getting hard to find in my area. I never had a problem with the verbatim but everyone's sold out of them & the memorex ones scare me.

2. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey Videopro1,

I am going to be straight forward with you. I use Memorex dvd-r's all the time and have great success with them. But that is just me. And alot of people will say that TY is the best, and they are right because of the fact that they have a great overall rating.

I would highly advise that if you don't want to waste your money, then go ahead and get something else, there are a slew of places for you to pick up the verbatim's that you are looking for.

Just do a search on the net, and you should be able to find a reputable dealer that carries them.

Hope this helps!

;)

3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ videopro1:

maybe try memorex /princo/taiyo yuden/ritek ridata/sony.

Not all discs work for every one and some people have issues with certain varieties.Its easier to just get a couple of each varieties and try them.if verbatim are scarce where you are try something else who knows memorex might be the next verbatim that works for you(but i doubt it)

heres a link for you to check out:

http://www.esbuy.com/5pave4xdvme.html

4. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Thanks andmerr...

Love the reply!

;)

5. andmerr

andmerr Guest

any one asks i didnt recommend them, this is our little secret

6. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

*winks* No sweat dude... ;P

7. kenneth1

kenneth1 Regular member

Why buy the memorex when the Verbatium DL are the same price and a better product as far as I am concerned, but some people have good luck with memorex its a individual choice

8. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Kenneth makes a good point as well as andmerr, videopro1!

9. Videopro1

Videopro1 Guest

andmerr, I think you misunderstood me. I was only asking about the memorex because all the local places were out of stock of the verbatims. However I was looking for the DOUBLE LAYER blanks & unfortunately TY doesn't make them yet. For single layer DVD-R jobs, I do use nothing but TY but for now with the DVD+R DL, the only choices out there so far appear to be Verbatims (which have worked extremely well) or now Memorex. I usually order these on line but I was trying to pick up a pack quick in the local store being that they are now the same price online & in the stores. Now if they would only come down in price & make inkjet printable DVD+R DL.