1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

memorex dvd-r is not that bad!

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by THEZAMMAN, Apr 27, 2004.

1. THEZAMMAN

THEZAMMAN Member

for all of the bashers of memorex-r id hate to tell you that ive been burning like crazy for the past month and they seem to work on all my dvd players. being my laptop, my 2 different home players, and my car's 2 different dvd players!

they are also affordable at best buy for $1 each on special deals from month to month so watch it online.

god bless the inventors of dvd decrypter and dvd shrink for free! :)

2. brian100

brian100 Guest

Lets just hope they dont all just "expire" in the coming months. I hope you don't learn the "hard" way, like many others on this forum.

I found this site in the states (i'm in the uk - so i cant vouch for them) and they stock GOOD media IE ritek for far cheaper than you bought yours for!!

http://www.shop4tech.com/user.htm?r=177&go=rsearch&mfrg=Ritek
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Why are The Samaritans always engaged?[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2004
  3. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

In Memorex defence Ive burnd about 100 dvd+r's and have not 1 bad burn, and they all played in pretty much evey dvd I came across, so what ever the case they work perfect for me.

4. hogan

hogan Regular member

I live in a little bitty town where the only place to get dvds is at the local Wally World. All they carry is Memorex. I've burned quite a few with no coasters. I mail order retek, but when I run out i use memorex with no problem. Hogan

5. ricster

ricster Regular member

When you get a good batch, they are fine. Nobody is disputing that. I was one of the unlucky ones who stumbled across a bad lot. I am still using some of the good ones and, like you, I have had no coasters and the disk looks and plays great. However, I will never order any more at the risk of getting more bad ones. Why would I take the risk ? There are many other great disks available.

6. APVM

APVM Member

Burnt more than 50 each (Memerox 4X DVD -R and +R) no coaster yet and they both were CMC code.

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The Memorex +R use to be made by Ritek, the -R by CMC MAG which are known for very poor quality media. Lately both + & - seem to be CMC MAG. They will burn OK sometimes, but after several playbacks they die. If they work for you thats good. Just be warned that there are many problems with Memorex media currently being sold. You never know what you are going to get.

Jerry

8. ricster

ricster Regular member

The original problem was that both good and bad batches seemed identical. DVDInfo reported exactly the same information. My good ones still play perfectly. The bad ones never got off the mark.

9. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

What is strange is that out of a pack of say 25, you might get 10-15 that work great. The rest give you all types of problems. Burns won't start, burns stop at 50%, burns won't finish after 98%. So the problem is never the same either. The only sure thing about them is they don't work. All out of the same batch.

Jerry