1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memorex DVD-R...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ls1ps2, Jan 2, 2004.

1. ls1ps2

ls1ps2 Member

Right now i'm using memorex DVD-R's. I've backed-up about 15 games and they all work fine but i was wondering if another media would be better for my PS2 laser. Oh yeah they are silver on the bottom is that okay? Also what color should CD-r's be on the bottom.

Thanks.

2. NoRemorse

NoRemorse Member

If the media is working fine, no reason to change. Memorex is a fairly respectable brand, doubt it'll fcuk up your PS2 laser.

CD-R colours can vary, most are a light green colour I think. The discs I'm using atm are very good, heard they were reliable, good quality and good value so decided to give em a try. No coasters out of about 60 so far, but that usually depends on how you burn your discs not the actual media. The name of these discs are Discplanet: Grade A 80min Glossy Whitetop CD-Rs which claim to have a 730mb capacity, although I haven't put it to the test as of yet.

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=46486

Ebuyer deliver in USA and UK (have depots in both iirc)

3. fnd

fnd Member

ive only just started backing my games up and am having problems with the memores disc.

the ps2 seems not to be able to read the disc very well.....i.e. playing need for spped the background fails to load a lot of the time and in fifa 2004 it sometimes freezes.

having said that you have the silver bottomed dvdr2 but the dye on mine are deep purple.

that may be the difference