1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memorex DVD-R's not working

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by acdc4life, Apr 8, 2005.

1. acdc4life

acdc4life Guest

look i just got these new brand new 30 pack of dvd-rs frum walmart of memorex and before it used 2 read and burn discs perfectly on khypermedia discs now my freinve doesnt read the memorex for nothing in all prgrems i use dvd shrink dvd decrypter clone dvd and nero it all says waiting for generic drive 4X and im like wtf? there all new no scratches can someone help me i dont know whats wrong

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

WTF is a freive??

3. haji1

haji1 Guest

never use memorex media. They commonly known to be bad. Use a better brand of media such as TDK, Verbatim etc.

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i think we should have a forum just for Memorex. Venom could moderate it lmao!

But seriously, in addition to haji's suggestion, i noticed you said 'generic drive'. What you using to burn, ie Nero or similar ?. If your drive says generic i would have thought your burn software is way out of date..

5. acdc4life

acdc4life Guest

to tell you the truth i dont know it says GENERIC DRIVE 4X DVD-RW and when i bought it last year it said i/o magic 4x and i dont think its that out of date ive had since last september can some1 help me?

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I'm trying to help me, but you need to help me to help you. Anyone else will say the same, i'm not psychic! i need more to go on. Have asked you to provide me with something that might help...

7. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Take those memorex dvd's back to walmart and get some maxell's that are setting next to them on the shelf.

I/O magic burners are made by many different manufacturers. Find your firmware version and see if there is a newer update for it at the Iomega website.From the lack of info you provide, my esp tells me that your burner's firmware will not recognize that memorex mfg code.Especially after this:

You are one of the few members that are able to use that media. Khypermedia is one of the worst media out there.

8. acdc4life

acdc4life Guest

thanks sougman ill see what i can do

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I think your question to this post says it all.. Get rid of the Memorex and use some different media...

10. movies27

movies27 Regular member

Buy some Fuji discs.

11. andmerr

andmerr Guest

and this gem

i to would like to know what they are [bold]??????[/bold]

@ movies27:

are you only usings those fuji's and nothing else since you got weined off those memorex

12. movies27

movies27 Regular member

Lol yes I have tried before but once i found out the ID on the Memorex i had to switch...i wont things that last & kick ass.........and that will play in anything :)

13. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

hahaha...it's like a climatic gathering of the "memorex haters"

i think it is pretty well known at least here on AD now that memorex=bad quality. i like the fuji's as well, pretty good TYG02 media from my experience, but am always open to new medias if they are presented w/ facts to support the reliability/quality. you should return the memorex and pick up the maxells as saugmon suggested, i don't have a LOT of experience with maxell, but, the few that i do have work great.

14. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ kivory666 :

i dont hate memorex i just wish that when i used them that i would of got more use out of them that i did.If something doesnt work for you isnt it best to actually get something that will .I dont have a problem with taiyo yuden/ritek/prico etc.