1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memorex

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Sincere63, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Sincere63

Sincere63 Guest

i'm new to the backing up scene for the PS2, but I use Memorex DVD-R's to back up my xbox games at 4x. I'm tryin to find out if this is good media for the PS2 and how fast should I burn them. I understand how to back them up and burn them. So i just need to know about the media.
    thanks

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Majority around here believe that memorex is terrible for ps2 backups. Also, try to burn as slow as possible, I burn at 1x. Don't recommend over 2x, however some do get by at 4x.
    Also, many seem to have problems with 8x max dvdr's.

3. jromb

jromb Member

Memorex worked great after firmware update and slowest burn speed.

4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Excellent. Yah, never really know. The majority has problems with the lower quality media, but some systems can still handle them.
    heh, i actually tried a K Hypermedia dvd+r 4x disc and it played my backup fine too. I obviously would never recommend that media to anyone though, heh.

It's normally just recommended to get the better media, to have better odds of working on most people's machines.

5. Sincere63

Sincere63 Guest

so what is the best media to use that i can buy in stores. thanks

6. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Verbatim, Ritek G04, HP, Fujifilm, Taiyo Yuden.
    There's a bunch of good ones.

7. Sincere63

Sincere63 Guest

well on the xbox forums they say memorex are riteks. so can someone break it down for me cause the memorex's work fine on xbox. didn't see why they wouldn't on PS2

8. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

I think it has something to do with the fact that Memorex basically puts their name on assorted dvdr media. So when you buy a spindle of Memorex, in reality, you don't know which media you are really getting. One media they do this with is good, but the rest are crap.

If someone could confirm that please, this is what i recall hearing anyway.

9. ragde

ragde Member

Well I've been backing up my games with MEMOREX and all the backups work perfectly, and I'm still burnig at full speed. With three backups no problems playthem perfectly

10. brother

brother Member

MEMOREX is Coaster king for me,go to walmart and buy maxell(the shit)and burn at 2X

11. Sincere63

Sincere63 Guest

all i can tell anyone is that memorex is workin good for me right now. at first i was having a problem wit GTA SA but then i put the toxic v1.1 bios on my DMS4 Lite and it played on the first try. so far i'm 3 for 3 and now going for 4. thanks for all the info, but some people might want to try the toxic bios for the DMS. these bios are nice

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2005
  12. Sincere63

Sincere63 Guest

i'm also burning at 4x cause that's as slow as they'll burn. now my gaming collection can look the same for xbox and ps2

13. t0nyj0nes

t0nyj0nes Guest

Maxell 4x DVD+/-R are my prefered media for burning DVD movies and games.

So far im 32/32, havn't burned a single coaster yet :D

-Tony

14. HellBorn

HellBorn Member

I have tried several different types including Memorex and the best by far has been Maxell 4X. They are more money(unless on sale) at the start but if no coasters then you save in the end.

I have heard from many people that it sometimes depends on your burner.

15. brother

brother Member

your right HellBorn

16. Sincere63

Sincere63 Guest

well i have a lite-on burner and it's doing great wit the Memorex's. i guess it does probably depend on your burner and PS2. All i know is that mine didn't work until i got the toxic bios. so maybe it could be the bios and not ya'lls DVD's

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2005