1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory card and backup ps2 games???

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by niconul, Nov 18, 2004.

1. niconul

niconul Member

I have just succesfully made a backup of my ps2 game. It works just fine without my memory card. But when i put my memory card in it just goes blank and nothing happens..

2. xxONExx

xxONExx Guest

how are you booting up your backup now?

did you use to have an exploit on the mc and perhaps accidentally deleted it?

3. niconul

niconul Member

I used nero to back up the game. I have played other original games with the memorycard in and then it works fine. If i leave the tray empty and turn on the ps2 it allso finds the memorycard and all the files on it. I just got it "modded" What do u mean with "exploit" ?? I boot up the ps2 just but putting in the empty disk in off condition and then turn the power on

Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
  4. teggy

teggy Regular member

It's nothing to do with your chip then or the backups, if they work fine without the memory card its obviously a dodgy card. Although I notice you wrote that you put in the 'empty' disc like you would a normal game. I am near enough sure you used that as an example... However, if you actually are putting in a blank disc then that has to be your problem.

Alternatively you can insert the memory card when you get to the title screen of the game. If it doesnt read it when you go to save you will know the card is dodgy. Or borrow a friends memory card and see what happens.

5. xxONExx

xxONExx Guest

ok i see what your saying. i thought you was booting your backup with a memory card exploit.

it's strange that your game doesn't boot up when you put the mc in. try booting up your ps2 w/o a game and go in the browser and see what files are in your mc.

does your game boot up if you have a different mc in it?

6. niconul

niconul Member

Yep.. originals boot fine with the card in, but backups does not. Can it hurt the ps2 to put it in when the game is running? The card have worked fine for a loooong time with originals before i got it modded. Can some backups detect its not a original and therefor not load with memorycard in?? I only got 1 memorycard to play with.. Do u think a new card will help.. I mean, the old one worked fine with my originals...

7. niconul

niconul Member

I just made a copy of another game i own and here the game loads fine with the memorycard in. I just dont get it why it wont load the other game in...

8. xxONExx

xxONExx Guest

i haven't encounter a mc problem like that before. you can always try teggy's alternative method. just stick in the mc after the game loads up.