1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

memory card exploit hd loader

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by nimachka, Oct 21, 2004.

1. nimachka

nimachka Member

I have been trying in vain to get this exploit to work I thought I had found an excellent guide.
    http://www.maxconsole.com/?mode=comments&newsid=2387&start=7 I have followed this to the letter several times but still can not get it to work. I have an Unmodded PS2 with a fliptop case and swapmagic 3 but every time I go to swap in the created cd-r the screen turns red then I get red and blue lines around the edge of the screen,
    I have also tried using the other files listed at the end of the site. for the BEDATA version but still to no avail. I have umpteen coaters now. must start using re-writable cds. any help or guides would be verry greatful. thanks

2. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

The tutorial worked for me. What version PS2 do you have? Also, CD-RW's dont read on older PS2's. What region PS2 do you have (Jap, Euro, USA)? Did you append your PS1 SLUS to the TITLE.DB file?

3. rowdan

rowdan Member

I to had many problems with this exploit, i eventually went and bought the usb memory card to help in the cost of cd-r coasters, try this site

http://home.rochester.rr.com/ps2ownz/

they seem to have good stuff there on this

4. nimachka

nimachka Member

dear "notmyname"
    thanks for the reply. I have a version 5 or 6 PS2 euro version,
    could you possibly explain a little further on Q:? Did you append your PS1 SLUS to the TITLE.DB file? I dont think I have done this, I however did follow the DOS instructions, to the letter and changed the titleman file to my ps1 game. If you could just explain further, this may well be where I am going wrong. Thanks

5. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

We are talking about the same thing.

1. V4 PS2's cant read RW discs. Later versions might.
    2. Since you have a Euro PS2, you need a Euro PS1 game. The missing letter in "SL_S" refers to the region. U = USA, E = Europe. Your SL_S should be SLES or SCES. If you did this... "titleman -a SLES_XXX.XX" then it should have added "SLES_XXX.XX" to the last line of your TITLE.DB file. Open the TITLE.DB file in notepad to verify. If it didnt, then make sure that it is in the same folder as titleman.exe and try again.

6. nimachka

nimachka Member

thanks for this,

i have opened up this in notepad and there are two mentions of files, both with "U" not "E" I have now changed them both to the same as the boot PS1 disc that I am hoping to use. do you reckon that i should now be able to burn again to a cdr-r disc.

thank-you

7. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

It appears that TITLE.DB can be edited using notepad, rather than using titleman.exe but I have never tried. It should work. See what happens!

8. nimachka

nimachka Member

nope tried this.

still not working. just wondering do I need to use a cdloader after swap magic before i put the created cd-r in ? I am well and truly lost on this now!!

9. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

It is my understanding that HDLoader is NTSC only.

http://www.geocities.com/jayteemaster2003/

I tried their converter on the uncompressed and compressed HDLoader.elf . The uncompressed file came close, but only fixed the screen position, not the screen mode. CDLoader may do better, but I have no way of checking this.

10. nimachka

nimachka Member

i have just found another link that sudgests that not all ps1 games are compatable to boot this exploit.

11. nimachka

nimachka Member

yes!!
    i have just cracked it!!!!!!!!!!!
    1st I used swapmagic3 cd + fliptop
    2nd cdloader v7b52 cd-r (burnt with alchol 120)
    3rd hdloader exploit with the correct "E" european trigger code cd-r (alchol 120)

And it works!!

took 8 coaters and two days searching and asking but got there now. hope this helps someone else.!!!

12. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

Congrats, my friend. Im glad you got it working!

13. ghainer

ghainer Member

Is there a way to make the exploit without all the swap magic and fliptop stuff. I don't have those and I am wondering if there is a way to do it without it. Do you think a Mod PS1 could do it? I already have HDLoader, but I am trying to put it on a memory card for a friend.

14. nimachka

nimachka Member

Sorry my friend, the only way to get it onto the mem card is to use a flip top, as you need to use a program to get it onto the memory card, but in order to load the program you will first need, a pressed program like cd swap to start the whole process off.

15. GyroTEX

GyroTEX Member

actually there is away to do it without a boot method, use sharkport or many of the other memory card to pc or visa versa, devices, use save builder, if you do a search it should come right up.

16. kidnaper

kidnaper Member

I don't know if this has been addressed here, but my idea is to create an ISO, and load it onto a formatted PS2 HDD, put in friends memory cards and run the exploit from there. No need for Mods or swaps, just 1 legit copy of the HD Loader, if anyone wants to know how it works, once i get the 48bit patch, i'll let cha know.

17. nimachka

nimachka Member

yes!! would be very interested?

So what you are attempting to is: load this directly to the hard drive and get the hard drive to program the memory card?

18. ghainer

ghainer Member

I would be interested in that also, that would make it awesome.

19. VJbob

VJbob Regular member

sorry total newbie here.

I just read this whole 'exploit' thing, not sure what its about but i think it lets you load HD Loader from the browser without a cd, making startup much faster.

Anyway, I've been using HD Advance 1.0 and, once my ps2 finally recognizes the disc, it takes forever to get going (I think swap magic 2.0 flipping was faster for me). After reading that initial guide I think I could do it although now I feel like a complete idiot. First of all am I right about the purpose of putting the hdloader on your memory card? If I remember correctly, HDloader cannot convert backups or imports.

Also, can HdLoader locate my stored games from HDADvance? Thanks.

20. nimachka

nimachka Member

well my friend, what we have been trying to do is to put the hd loader program onto a mem card, and use a psx game to boot the whole process,
    it is also possible to put hd advance on the mem card, this would be benificial if your hd advance disc is playing up,