1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

memory card format program???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by GlennT, Sep 19, 2003.

1. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

yup, i'm looking for a program which i can download and boot (using fliptop/cogswaploader) which will allow me to re-format my Official PS2 8Mb Memory card.

I KNOW you can buy the XPORT/Sharkport and format it with that, but i don't want to BUY that just so i can fix my memory card.

so please someone answer this post. i've been looking for something for ages, and have not found anything else yet.

some people say that you can do it with Action Replay, but you can't with mine, it's just got a "memory manager", which only lets you delete files, not TOTALLY RE-FORMAT.

SOMEONE MUST KNOW.

2. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. stupidguy

stupidguy Guest

get a back up of x-port and buy a standard usb to usb thing

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2003
  4. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

first of all, thanx for replying :)

reminder, talking about illegally downloading stuff like that is not allowed on THIS forum.

but i have acquired the pc software and PS2 CD already (let's say a friend gave them to me after he sold his PS2, but he LOST the cable)

;)

anyways, i here that you can't just use a normal cable, because the real X-PORT has two cables with a special "device" between them. so are you SURE you can just use a normal USB A (male) to A (male) cable???

5. stupidguy

stupidguy Guest

I Don't Know.....I Bought The Real Thing And It Does Have A Special "Device" But It Seems To Just Be There To Look Good.....You Could Try.And You Can Download The PC Software From X Ports Site

6. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

OK, i'll try it. but as you have the real thing, could youe give me some instructions............like when do i connect, what buttons do i press, etc.

cos when i run the PS2 cd with no cablke, it boots up then just says waiting for instructions or something???