1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory Card Help!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Synth05, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Synth05

Synth05 Guest

I never had this happening before i have a 8 mb ps2 mem card. I have corrupted which i can't delete flie size is 24kb it was last updated 3/6/05, and file protection says copying prohibited. And i deleted everything on my mem card except the corrupt data i can't it says delete failed. I have 7,940 Kb of free space. 24 kb + 7,940 Kb is 7,964 kb is something hiding 36 kb on mem card. I'm just curious i'm about to buy a new mem card.

2. dbldwn02

dbldwn02 Member

Either buy a new card or get Action Replay MAX. It has a memory manager that works a lot better than the standard PS2 browser.

3. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

Had the same problem!!!

I accidentally "copied" an Action Replay Max file onto a standard 8 Mb memory card, instead of "uncrushing" like I should have.

And no, Action Replay Max crashed every time it read that memory card.

What I eventually had to do was, to seek out and download a program called MCFormat (also MCKiller) and FTP the program onto the PS2 (either memory card or hard drive) then run the program from within "PS2Menu".

Presto! Brand new "formatted" memory card.

It's a shame that the PS2 browser is weak in this area, makes for alot of screwed up memory cards.

email me for more info (atariborn at hotpop.com)

4. Synth05

Synth05 Guest

Thanks i'll have to check those programs out.