1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory card or harddrive?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by DaDevil, Feb 8, 2007.

1. DaDevil

DaDevil Member

In short i'm a ps2 n00b. I know memory cards are used to store like saved games, my question is if I invest in a harddrive for the ps2 will that replace the need for memory cards? I put a DMS4 in when I got it, not sure if that helps with answering the question. My goal would be to use a usb drive as a memory card but from what i've read it doesn't seem to work that way. Any help on this subject would be apreciated, Thanks.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

as long as you have a DMS4 Pro and not a DMS4 Lite you are all set up to use a hard drive. The ToxicOS has all you need to install, run or delete games from an internal IDE style hard drive. Here is a compatibility list for when you start looking.

You would still need the memory card for your saves. But a hard drive is a good investment. I suggest a Maxtor or Seagate as they are easier to fit in the a Western Digital. You also need to have your PS2 network adapter to install it.

It will save your laser life, save your discs from getting damaged, and give you faster loding times on games.
    I would say at laest 85% of the games around should work from the hard drive.