1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory Card Problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by oh_oh, Aug 29, 2004.

1. oh_oh

oh_oh Member

Ive got a memory card 2 mounts ago and now it sais that it has a corupted data.I cant do any thing,i cant go into the browser and format it.When i enter the memory card is only for a blink of eye and in that moment there are like 20 files with corupted data and 20 more of games that i havent even played!!!I cant memoryze anything.Pls tell me some way to format it or any solution to help me???Davor

2. VOD3N05

VOD3N05 Guest

try this memorycardkiller...
    (it will format ur mc)

search google for it...
    i dont like spoon feeding people..

:)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2004
  3. oh_oh

oh_oh Member

Thank you for nothing but if you can tell me some page where i can find troubleshoot for this problem because its very important on google ive searched every thing.And sorry about the writing because im from Macedonia and i dont know much!!!Davor

4. StrikerGT

StrikerGT Member

I suggest you find a memory card program that you can burn on disc and format it that way, the question is, where can I find these files? Easy, go on mIRC, server EFnet, then channel ps2bins and get the url (read instructions on chat window how to) and goto the link and go under PS2, then memory card and download some of those programs (whatever one sounds like it would format it) and burn it on a disc and boot it and your set.

5. oh_oh

oh_oh Member

Hey i tryed with Mc killer and QAtool but it still doesnt work.If you know some page where i can find diagrams so how can i format it because there is way to format it manualy with a jumper but i dont have a diagram if you could tell me where i can find it i will be very greatfull!!!

6. meta1

meta1 Regular member

I had the same problem so I brought a new memory card, the same day i decided to open up the old memory card and take a look, after i did this it worked, heres what i did:

Opened the memory card by unscrewing all the screws.
    Cleaned every part of the circuit and the connectors.
    Made sure there were no lose connections.
    Put it back together.

Doing this seemed to format the memory card, I have no idea why but it's worked on two cards that became corrupt, I can only suggest you give it a go, you never know, it might just work.