1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

memory card problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by scott2453, Jan 7, 2005.

1. scott2453

scott2453 Guest

ok so heres what happened. I have been using Action Replay for awhile now. All i wanted to do was update the codelist for it. Since i dont have a network adapter for the PS2, i figured the best way to go about doing this was with a Portable USB drive (not the Datel one, I just used a normal one). I downloaded the new codelist using the Maxdrive software that came with it and put it on the USB drive. Then I used Max Memory to transfer this file to my memory card. Heres where the problem starts. The new codelist worked, but when i went to start a game, it wouldn't load any of my saves. Even when i would try to save a new game, it would say save failed and do nothing. So i went into Max Memory again and deleted the codelist off the memory card, and I still can't load from or save to my memory card with ANY of my games. When i access the memory card from the PS2 browser, it says no data and 1784kb free space. Now it seems the only way to gain access to my saves is with Max Memory (it still says all my saves are there). I checked their website and all it said was that use of third party USB drives can corrupt your saves, so i now realize that i probably cant get my saves back. Now, i'm just wondering if my memory card is screwed to the point now where i might as well throw it away, or if there is something i can do to get it working again. If anyone can help or has any advice, that would be greatly appreciated. thanks

2. scott2453

scott2453 Guest

anybody?

3. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

This happened to me when i was backing up all my saved games from my memory card and the action replay thing screwed my card, i had to buy a new one loseing over 100hours on final fantsay x/x2 :-(, i also remember reading on this site about a thing you can download to format memory cards but i think you need swap magic to use it.

good luck dude

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  4. scott2453

scott2453 Guest

ya this definitely sucks ive had my PS2 since 2000 and this was the one MC i ALWAYS used it looks like im gonna have to play through gran turismo 3, all the GTAs, etc. all over again oh well i guess things could be worse anyways thanks for the help