1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory Card ReFormat

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by rambo2k5, May 1, 2005.

1. rambo2k5

rambo2k5 Member

Is there any programs that lets you reformat your ps2 memory card due to corrupt files? can action replay do it? if so how do you do it?

plz help thanks

p.s dunno if this is the right place top put this

2. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

Action replay has an option to reformat you're memory card, but I've never tried it and I heard it still doesn't remove the corrupted files, I'm not sure of that though.

3. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

There's an elf called "MCKiller" that works like a charm. The catch though, is that you have to install it as part of a memorycard exploit first, to use it. It works flawlessly though.

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

You can erase your system.cnf file and the corrupt files and it should clear your memory card.The other programs like mckiller and stuff like that do the same thing.What I am mentioning is doing it manually though.Just go into your PS2 browser and go into the corrupted mem card and delete the corrupted files and system.cnf.Then you can start off fresh once again with a clear memory card.

5. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

Ok, you've got my interest. So, if i were to delete the system.cnf the next time i get a corrupt file, it will let me delete the corrupt file? The reason I'm asking is because I've had corrupt files that i plain and simply couldn't delete through the browser.

Or are you talking about the corrupt file that some memorycard exploits leave?

6. rambo2k5

rambo2k5 Member

i dont have a system file on memory card theres no files it just says so many kbs left

7. chromdome

chromdome Member

...Bump...

I have the exact same issue, corrupt mem card blocks and no way to delete them... I see no system.cnf in my browser, only my saved game stuff and my bad blocks.

Anyone know how to re-format?

tia

8. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The system.cnf file should be called System when you look at your memory card.Just delete System by going into the memory card manager,after you delete the system file delete the bad data bytes left.Sorry it is a late reply,but it works if it doesn't let you delete the bad data bytes use a mem card reformat tool.Just install it on your memory card using the mem card exploit,just the format tool though so it doesn't take up alot of space.This is the best advice I can give you,if this doesn't work then you are probably better off getting a better memory card.I am using 4 mem cards at the moment with an additional add on adapter.The add on adapter makes another memory card,but not very reliable.The best kind of memory card to use it the official Sony memory cards.

9. thisok

thisok Guest

I look up to Nephilim.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2005
  10. thisok

thisok Guest

I love you Nephilim :)

11. thisok

thisok Guest

Nephilim is my hero!