1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

memory card speed , iso or cso ?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by gilmey, Jul 12, 2007.

1. gilmey

gilmey Member

hello i have 2 questions:
    im going to buy a psp in a store but they only have a sony memory card and not sandisk
    i heard in some places that sandisk is faster but will a sony 4gb run all games smoothly?
    another question - is it better to run a game that is in iso format or cso format ? what is faster?

thnx in advance

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

I'm pretty sure Sandisk isn't faster, but just cheaper. Anyways it won't make any difference if you run your games at 333mhz.

3. shedeus

shedeus Regular member

sandisk runs faster. run transfer tests and google for it.

cso's load slower too and can lag sometimes since its compressed

4. discoboy

discoboy Member

I am just getting started with CSOs and I haven't noticed significant longer load times over ISOs. I have been playing FIFA07 and Tekken Dark Ressurection which are both large. What is the lag you mention as I would have expected both to play the same once the CSO has been umcompressed?

5. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

I've never experienced lag in a cso, but simply because they have been compressed further than an iso, i presume it takes slightly longer for the psp to read the information.

I don't mind which format games i get are, if it's in iso i wouldn't compress it into a cso, but if it's already a cso i'd leave it.

Considering the load times from iso/cso's there isn't going to be much that much difference in load times, as they're quick anyway, so either memory card would be fine, it is true however that for copying over information to/from a sandisk would be quicker.

In game the different memory cards wouldn't have an effect on how smoothly a game ran.