1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

memory - Size does count

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by meagainst, Jul 8, 2003.

1. meagainst

meagainst Guest

Kyocera printer ( 1800 ) memory upgrade, the manual says you can use 128 MB DIMM modules, but when i bought 128MB 133Mhz 168 pin Dim at 5.25" in length - it was too big, what i need is the same but 4" in length, but still with the 2 notches etc. I can't identify the generic term for this size?
    Anybody know?

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

3. meagainst

meagainst Guest

Thanks Prisoner

I did a pin count, its got 100 Pins, so now i'm searching Ebay for 100 pin Dimm not found any yet - why do they use not standard memory modules :0(

I can wait ......

Thanks for your input though

4. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Why do some digital cameras use their own batteries? Its so your locked in and need to buy from that company only. IBM used to be the same way, bought an IBM and you need all IBM internal parts. Now (after 1990) IBM are compatible will lots of hardware.
    All honesty, usually the reson for different hardware, is space limits and size. A digial camera screws up and drains too much power or needs a burst of 4.6Volts, not going to do it with AAA batteries. Your printer may have an odd memory flash time like 66ns or so and standard chips may not work. It may be expensive but I would recommend buying from the company that made the Printer.