1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

memory stick is pissing me off

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by totenkoph, Apr 18, 2007.

1. totenkoph

totenkoph Guest

so i was putting a video file on my psp via usb connection to my 2 gig stick and once it was done transfering i unhooked the usb and looked at the screen, i forgot to exit out of usb mode but i didnt think that it made a difference.. so then i went to play my video and there was nothing under videos, music or saves. so then i went to reformat it after hours of frusteration and it said it couldnt detect the memory stick..... i then tried to put it in my flash drive where it is usually detected but it did nothing.... now i am so godamn close to throwing my psp on the floor, if anyone can help me i really need help and it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, ian

2. totenkoph

totenkoph Guest

anyone?

3. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

What file extension, and in what folder did you put it?

The PSP is VERY picky about folder placement

4. totenkoph

totenkoph Guest

well actually i found out that the memory stick is burned, theres no partion on there so i'd have to make one, only prob is that if i try to detect it in my computer it wont see anything, thus i cant format... what a waste of a 2 gig stick...

5. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

thats weird, i have accidentally unplugged out of usb mode while still in, and mine is fine...could be a fake mem stick

6. Blahs

Blahs Member

hey, otenkoph

if you want to make a partition on your mem-stick, but it wont auto recognize on the pc, follow these steps:
    (im assuming you have a windows machine)

1.plug it in (duh)
    2.go to control panel
    3.go to administrative tools
    4.go to computer management
    5.look for your memory card on the list of available drives and create a partition, then format

(be careful not to choose another drive...you don't want to accidentally erase your HD ;)

hope it helps!