1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

memory stick pro duo not reading in psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by vangmac, Oct 21, 2007.

1. vangmac

vangmac Member

well the thing is.... i've jsut updated my psp yesterday to the new one because i jsut got a new game yesterday. now my memory card is not reading from my psp. its eighter not reading or saying thiers not enough room. its a 4gb memory stick pro duo. i try to format the memory stick but i can't of course cuz it doesn't read it. i get these error codes:
    80220086 and
    8001B006
    if anyone knows how to help me i would greatly appriciate it alot.
    thanks,
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

if you have a memory card reader for the computer, you can check it there. not 100%, but the memory card might be corrupted and may need a format.
  4. vangmac

vangmac Member

i tried to format it on the psp but the psp says it it can't read it or it says that thier is no memory card..... so does that mena i might have to format it on my computer or soemthing then???
  5. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

yep, the computer has a better chance of reading the memory stick.

also, the memory stick itself might be the problem. is it from ebay or online shop? did it say magicgate supported before it was unusuable in the psp?
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  6. vangmac

vangmac Member

yeah it was from ebay... and it did say magicgate supported.... it worked for my dynasty warriors game.... then i got tales of the world and i had to upgrade to the new version and after the new version and i started playing tales of the world... i saved once and then after that i remember loading once and then after that it never worked anymore.jsut couldn't read it anymore.... so taht menas i have to put it in the computer huh???
  7. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

you might have to format it on the computer. hopefully you can save all the data on it before you format, unless you already have a backup of your saves.
  8. vangmac

vangmac Member

actually i think when it got corrupted all the files on thier is lost. so i can't get any of my old file sfrom thier anymore. well hopefully i can format it and make it work agian... if not i'm going to have to get a new. thanks for the help. i'm really glad you could help me on this.
    thanks,
  9. PeeEssPee

PeeEssPee Regular member

Actually you can recover the files -

I read it on my memory card box which i got from eBay as well. Its a memory card recovery thing. "Memory stick file rescue software" -download for free. is what it says on the box. It works too. just seach in google :]

EDIT:

found the site :] 12mb in size.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?&upd_id=2159&SMB=YES

Also you can find out if your mms is fake or not. how cool. ;D
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  10. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

Thanks for the link PeeEssPee
  11. PeeEssPee

PeeEssPee Regular member

Haha, no probs. Its just one homebrewers experience to another. :]
  12. scopes

scopes Member

i kind have a problem like dat.
    i baught a 4gb memory stick pro duo (magic gate supported) but after putting quite alot of homebrews games and changing themes the memory card isnt being read on the psp. when i try to format on my computer it fails. is there any other way to format or get the memory card working again.

some one plz helppp

thnx
  13. Qwyncy

Qwyncy Member

i got the same problem too,my memory stick cant read to my psp slim,i tried to format it to my psp,but some group of numbers flashing and it says error,i format my memory stick to my pc,but windows was unable to format my memory stick,what should i do,pls help me,i cant buy a new one. thanks