1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory Sticks

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by luch559, Jun 18, 2007.

1. luch559

luch559 Guest

Hey does ne one no if theres a big difference between lexar and original sticks for the psp does ne one no if lexar takes more space and if so how much?

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

How much info a memory card is relative to how many GBs it is capable of holding, not down to who manufactured it. If Lexar are compatible with PSPs (presumably so), then you should have no problems with a 1GB Lexar as oposed to a 1GB Sony - they are both capable of holding the same.

3. luch559

luch559 Guest

i said this wrong i am trying to find a 4gb mem stick and lexar is cheaper but some people say that it takes more memory on the format or somthing and some of the plugins and other hombrew stuff wont work on it i was trying to confirm if this was true

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Oh I see. Sorry, I misread/understood then. Can't help you there :(

5. luch559

luch559 Guest

ne one

6. cmarquez

cmarquez Guest

actually that's not true, i have a 4gb lexar memory stick pro duo and it works fine with my homebrew... ect. The only reason lexar is cheap because it is not very popular to people because in the past few years people mostly buy sony or magicgate memorycards..why,because they made memorysticks earlier than lexar. the reguler memory sticks are also embedded just like lexar. (embedded)= or means that its been added a feature to make the memory stick work very accurate and good. again lexar is the same it's just not popular or a big consumer lover type Co. But i love it. I compared it with a regular stick and it's the same. I chose lexar because it's cheap and saves money also becasue lexar gives u a benifit of savings in money. Hope that helps:)