1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

memory...

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by hobosmurf, Dec 20, 2004.

1. hobosmurf

hobosmurf Member

hey guys, im looking to upgrade my memory and video card, my mo'bo is a k7ama and says it holds 1 gb of ram. it specifically states that it holds two 168-pin and 2- 184-pin slots. im wondering if this ram: http://www.pcontime.net/Merchant2/m...4PDDR512MB4003200&Category_Code=MEM184PDDR400
    would be a good choice to add on to a 256 mb ram already in the system, also im wondering if this video card: http://www.pcontime.net/Merchant2/m...e_Code=PCONTIME&Product_Code=VATI9550256TVDVI
    is a good choice to replace my 64 mb radeon 9000 vid card. thanks for ur help in advance

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what ram do you have in system now, sdram or ddr because if sdram might not be able to run both at same time. video card alright

3. hobosmurf

hobosmurf Member

umm, not sure id have to open the comp itself to check, which i can do, just not at the moment...depending on what it is in the computer now, would i have to get the opposite kind to run it correctly?

4. ddp

you probably can't run both sdram & ddr ram at same time which is why you have to see what type running now. if still got invoice, info might be there as to type of ram you are using

5. hobosmurf

hobosmurf Member

ok so what your saying is that if i have ddr then i need ddr and if i have sdram then i need sdram?

6. ddp

yes, some boards might be able to run both at same time but haven't come across that yet with customers computers. if have sdram in system, take it out & put ddr ram as all new boards only have ddr not sdram