1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory....

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Halen5150, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

Hey guys;

in the process of buying new comp. parts; and was wondering what ppl think of the buffalo firestix RAM???? Has anyone tried it??///cuz I read a review [on TechSpot I think] on this RAM; and the guy was able to OC it to around 1000mhz!!1.....so I was wonderin'; is this truly that great of RAM for the price in terms of OC'ing; or do you think that it's nothing special; and the guy received a 'doctored up' pair of stix??

....so as for OC'ing my future am2 3000+; do you guys think the buffalo firestix [2 x 512mb ; ddr2 800mhz] would be a good choice for OC'ing my cpu???

Thx;
    halen5150

2. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

overclocking depends more on your choice of mother board, for some good opinions ask in in the offical overclocking thread.

as for the review, does it say where they got the sticks from as it is not unheard of for makers to send out hand picked samples for reviewers to test.

3. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

From what i've heard, that company "cheats" the tests as marsey implied is possible, they send out some souped up RAM for tests, then ship out batches of 2nd rate cr@p...
    Just what i heard though, no proof.

4. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

hmmm .... im afraid I've already invested in a MSI K9N4 SLI-F;;; I know its not THE best choice; but it was the best choice for me due to budget limitations:/ ..but just outta curiousity; what kind of OC potential do you think that board has?? [becuz from reading reviews; some have said it OC's great; and it also comes with OC'ing software....so I am happy yet stilll wondering if those ppl. were just trying to talk it up]

Well; the url for the review is here: http://www.virtual-hideout.net/reviews/Buffalo_FireStix_PC26400/index.shtml

..and apparently; they stated that the chips which were under the heatspreaders of those they tested were from a company called Micron and were once rated @ 1000 mhz.....?

..so I guess the real question is this: Does buffalo still use the micron chips for their firestix memory>?

p.s. according to my mobo's specs; it says the pci e slot will only run @ 8x [sux i know :(] ;; but would this really affect me if I'm running two vid cards in sli??? cuz I read a while ago that even though two vid cards are in sli; they both run at 8x; resulting in a total 16x speed.....so is this really true?

THANX ABUNCH!!!
    Halen5150